Need some help with a custom template

  • hharden71
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
      I am going to be sending my party on Kambranex's Machinations
      (Dungeon #91). It includes the "Half-Machine" template.
      I was wondering if anyone had already plugged in that template and
      would be willing to share it with me, or might be willing to help me
      with the coding necessary to enter in into my system. It looks fairly
      complex with choosers and level based adjustments, plus some strange
      permutations.

      I haven't done much coding within PcGen and am not familliar with all
      that it can/can't do.

      Thanks in advance

      Henry

      PS My email address is: hharden71@...
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
        I remember looking at that one back when I received Dungeon Magazine....
        Took a look at it and went "There is something to strive for in abilities to
        do stuff in PCGen." A lot of it we weren't able to do at the time it came
        out. I'm not sure how many of those issues we have resolved since then.
        Not all of them, that is for sure.

        And the 'Gains one of the following abilities every X levels OR HD' (don't
        recall the number atm) with no regard to order of which the creature gets
        it means a LOT of hidden subtemplates, so it will be messy even when it
        works.

        As the Dungeon magazines are Closed content, sharing files among people
        isn't allowed under copyright rules. You might try contacting Wizards or
        CMP as to when they will have the Dungeon datasets available.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD