Re: Output sheet troubles

  • joxturthemighty
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
      I'm not on the PCGen team, but I've a bit of experience with Java,
      Xalan, and character encodings.

      Since the data files for PCGen are getting transformed by XSLT, you
      need to encode all accented characters. There are two ways to try,
      and I'm not sure which will work better for you.

      Example:
      an a grave (à) can be encoded as either à or à
      the first is an HTML entity reference, the second is the same
      encoding, but of the decimal number (a search for an ASCII table
      should get you the mappings, or use the ASCII Table option in
      UltraEdit).

      If the first doesn't work, you're going to need to map it all in
      decimal format. That's what we have to do where I work to get around
      Xalan.

      -Joxtur