Output sheet troubles

  • baronh2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
      Hello there !
      I recently translate the SRD in french. But there is a trouble with
      the output sheets.
      The french signs like 'à', 'é', 'ç', etc.. seems not handled (many
      odds signs replace them).
      I currently use PCGen 5.4 and Java 1.4, on Win98SE and download all
      the lib files at sourceforge.
      What can i do ? i need help !
      Thanks !
    • joxturthemighty
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
        I'm not on the PCGen team, but I've a bit of experience with Java,
        Xalan, and character encodings.

        Since the data files for PCGen are getting transformed by XSLT, you
        need to encode all accented characters. There are two ways to try,
        and I'm not sure which will work better for you.

        Example:
        an a grave (à) can be encoded as either à or à
        the first is an HTML entity reference, the second is the same
        encoding, but of the decimal number (a search for an ASCII table
        should get you the mappings, or use the ASCII Table option in
        UltraEdit).

        If the first doesn't work, you're going to need to map it all in
        decimal format. That's what we have to do where I work to get around
        Xalan.

        -Joxtur