[DOCS] [678514] Total=xx not documented in CONTAINS tag.

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2003
      >From what I gather Total=xx is used when .MODing a CONTAINS tag like this
      example:

      Longbow.MOD[tab]CONTAINS:-1|Arrow=20|Total=20
      If you don't set the total, it stays at 1

      Questions:
      Is Total=xx only used when .MODing or can it be used in a regular CONTAINS
      tag?
      If so what is its function?
      If not shold it be documented in the CONTAINS entry or as a special case in
      the .MOD entry?

      --
      Eddy
      PCGen Doc Gibbon
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
        Bump -

        >From what I gather Total=xx is used when .MODing a CONTAINS tag like this
        example:

        Longbow.MOD[tab]CONTAINS:-1|Arrow=20|Total=20
        If you don't set the total, it stays at 1

        Questions:
        Is Total=xx only used when .MODing or can it be used in a regular CONTAINS
        tag?
        If so what is its function?
        If not should it be documented in the CONTAINS entry or as a special case in
        the .MOD entry?

        --
        Eddy
        PCGen Doc Gibbon
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
          It can be used for more than just .MODing a tag....

          The total is the total # of things the conatiner can carry.

          CONTAINS:-1|Paper=10|Scroll=10

          The abovee will let you put 10 items with a type of paper in and 10
          items with a type of scroll in (for a total of 20 items).

          CONTAINS:-1|Total=10|Paper=10|Scroll=10

          This would let you have 10 items, period. All 10 paper, all 10 scroll,
          or a mixture of each totalling 10, but no more.

          See the Case (Map or Scroll) in the SRD files for an example.

          Barak
          ~PCGen BoD
          ~OS Silverback

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/9rHolB/TM

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2003
            One other observation:
            In the examples for the CONTAINS tag the phrase 'coins of weight' is used.
            Is it me or is this somewhat confusing. Would it not be better to say 'units
            as defined in the gamemode files' or something like that?

            Example
            CONTAINS:500
            500 coins of weight can fit in this container.

            So does this mean 500 coins or 500 Lbs.?
            --
            Eddy
            PCGen Doc Gibbon