PCGen Release Numbering Scheme (Really a Hidden RSRD Question)

  • brad_willer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2003
      Hi.

      I'm a newbie and want to understand the PCGen release numbering.
      Until last week, the production release was 5.2 with 5.3.x being beta
      stuff. Now prod is 5.4 with beta being 5.5.x. If I understand
      this correctly, then the stuff in beta right now will be released as
      5.6. Stuff that doesn't make it into 5.6 would be bumped up to
      5.7.x. Is this correct?

      So this gets to the real question I have. Latest guesstimates I saw
      were that the D&D 3.5 info would be released in PCGen 5.6. That
      would seem to indicate to me that that the current beta stuff (5.5.x)
      includes 3.5 material. But I thought the rsrd stuff was still just
      in the files section of the Yahoo group? Is 3.5 in 5.5.x? Is it
      still planned for 5.6? Or will it be in a later release (5.8,
      5.10, ...)? Am I making this way too complicated? Should I just go
      back to my padded room and murmor softy to myself while clutching a
      copy of the rsrd? ... :p

      thanks,
      Brad