Version 5.4. problem PsyWarrior

  • Stephan Dohmen
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2003
      Strange things happen.
      To me it seems that pcgen calculates terribly wrong. Please verify:

      Create a lvl 4 psychic warrior with the following stats: Str 16, Dex
      19, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8

      My pcgen comes up with the following calculations:

      BAB +6 (instead of +3)
      PowerPoints 10 (instead of 5 as of PsiHB; note that PsyWar doesn´t
      get bonus PP)

      The output sheet (I use "combined") makes it even worse:

      With the above BAB it calculates Bas Att Bonus of +6/+1 (2 attacks
      with level 4???).

      Save are Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +5 (completly wrong as they should
      be - base + mods: F 4+2=6, R 1+4=5, W 1+4=4)

      What is the story here?
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2003
        Is it possible that you're double-loading data? Try installing PCGen
        in a clean directory and recreate your character. Notice that the
        attack bonus of 4*2 + 2 = 10 (doubling the BAB of 4), which is why I
        suspect you're double-loading data.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Stephan Dohmen" <sdohmen1@t...> wrote:
        > Strange things happen.
        > To me it seems that pcgen calculates terribly wrong. Please verify:
        >
        > Create a lvl 4 psychic warrior with the following stats: Str 16,
        Dex
        > 19, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8
        >
        > My pcgen comes up with the following calculations:
        >
        > BAB +6 (instead of +3)
        > PowerPoints 10 (instead of 5 as of PsiHB; note that PsyWar doesn´t
        > get bonus PP)
        >
        > The output sheet (I use "combined") makes it even worse:
        >
        > With the above BAB it calculates Bas Att Bonus of +6/+1 (2 attacks
        > with level 4???).
        >
        > Save are Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +5 (completly wrong as they should
        > be - base + mods: F 4+2=6, R 1+4=5, W 1+4=4)
        >
        > What is the story here?
      • Stephan Dohmen
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
          Hi Bryan,
          yes I beleive you re right that double-loading is the cause of the
          problem. But I did not encounter this problem with a version of
          pcgen prior to 5.4. and I did no changes on my sources after
          installing 5.4. I tried the character with unmodifies 5.3.4 version
          and it works without a problem.

          I ve checked my pcc file and it clearly states:

          LSTEXCLUDE:srdclassesbase.lst|srdracesphb.lst|srddeities.lst|srddomai
          ns.lst|srdspells.lst|srdlanguages.lst|srdweapprofs.lst|srdequipweapme
          lee.lst|srdeqipweapranged.lst|srdclassespsionic.lst

          In mycampaingclasses.lst there is a Psychic Warrior class but the
          original one should be excluded as shown above. So why is there
          double-loading?

          Maybe 5.4. handles RANK:1 different than older versions? Both SRD
          and mycampaign is RANK:1.

          > Is it possible that you're double-loading data? Try installing
          PCGen
          > in a clean directory and recreate your character. Notice that the
          > attack bonus of 4*2 + 2 = 10 (doubling the BAB of 4), which is why
          > suspect you're double-loading data.
          >
          > -Bryan
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Stephan Dohmen" <sdohmen1@t...>
          wrote:
          > > Strange things happen.
          > > To me it seems that pcgen calculates terribly wrong. Please
          verify:

          > > Create a lvl 4 psychic warrior with the following stats: Str 16,
          > Dex
          > > 19, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8
          > >
          > > My pcgen comes up with the following calculations:
          > >
          > > BAB +6 (instead of +3)
          > > PowerPoints 10 (instead of 5 as of PsiHB; note that PsyWar
          doesn´t
          > > get bonus PP)
          > >
          > > The output sheet (I use "combined") makes it even worse:
          > >
          > > With the above BAB it calculates Bas Att Bonus of +6/+1 (2
          attacks
          > > with level 4???).
          > >
          > > Save are Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +5 (completly wrong as they
          should
          > > be - base + mods: F 4+2=6, R 1+4=5, W 1+4=4)
          > >
          > > What is the story here?
        • God
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
            I entered a character in PCGen 5.4.
            The equipment has a total weight of 76.6

            The output sheet tells me:
            Light 76.0
            Medium 153.0
            Heavy 230.0

            So the character should be medium load, but
            he is light load. Is there something wrong?

            Marc
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2003
              Did you equip all of it as carried or equipped?

              There is also the possibility that PCGen is rounding down... Try adding
              a small item to bump the weight to 77 and see what happens.

              Barak
              ~PCGen BoD
              ~OS Silverback