Re: [pcgen] Possible bug... and a feature request...

  • Erin
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
      <<<<As for a feature request, you can stick this one near the bottom, but
      I was hoping for two point buy systems for stats. The one out of the
      DMG and just a straight one to one buying system. Again, you can file
      that towards the bottom of the list since you have the unlimited pool
      checkbox, but it would be nice to see.

      Thanks,
         David>>>>>
      already been requested a couple times.  : )
    • Arcady
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
        >> As for a feature request, you can stick this one near the
        bottom, but
        >> I was hoping for two point buy systems for stats. The one
        out of the
        >> DMG and just a straight one to one buying system. Again,
        you can file
        >> that towards the bottom of the list since you have the
        unlimited pool
        >> checkbox, but it would be nice to see.
        >
        > The way I intend to implement purchase methods is letting
        the user
        > define how much each stat increase costs. For your purposes
        it would
        > be 1 across the board. As you add stats the pool will
        simply indicate
        > how many points you've spent - and this will be saved with
        your
        > character so the DM can verify the total.

        It should default to the method on pages 19-20 in the DMG
        however. Since this is in the rules and is official for the
        RPGA. It's also become a standard in most PBeM and online
        games. As well as reached wide acceptance in home games if
        web-forum discussions are any indication.

        Also note that currently it is the number one asked for
        feature. So it might be good to boost it up a little on the
        priority scale. :)

        8 Base.
        1 point each for 9 to 14.
        2 points for 15 and 16
        3 points for 17 and 18

        And likely +1 point per 2 after that.

        Cost Score Modifier
        - 6 -2
        - 7 -2
        0 8 -1
        1 9 -1
        2 10 +0
        3 11 +0
        4 12 +1
        5 13 +1
        6 14 +2
        8 15 +2
        10 16 +3
        13 17 +3
        16 18 +4
        - 19 +4
        - 20 +5

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Erin
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2001
          18 is the max starting base attribute.  : ) so the +1 per two after would be moot.