Re: i thinnk i want to cry...

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2001
      I had to remove the magic item references (since they're unique to
      your lst files and not in mine) and remove the line-feeds that the
      post put in unnecessarily, then I was able to import your character.
      I think the problem stems from the fact that your pcg file indicates
      that you have 186 martial weapon proficiencies - whereas there aren't
      that many possiblilities. When you click on a feat I add the number
      of feats you have remaining plus the number of selections you have
      with regards to that feat. After you make your selections I then
      select the new number of selections from the previous sum (for feats
      you can take multiple times, obviously). So I'm adding the number of
      feats you have +186 and subtracting the number of selections you made
      (there are what, about 30 of them?) granting you an increase on the
      order of 150 or so feats. The obvious question then is, how did you
      get so many martial weapon proficiencies?
      What version of PCGen did you create this character with - and if you
      re-create this character from scratch (forget the magic items, they
      don't figure into this bug anyway) with the current release do you
      get this bug? I just did some correcting of the feat-counting logic,
      so I'm hoping that if you create this character from scratch this bug
      will go away. You can tell if you'll have the bug by looking in the
      pcg file - the number just after the Martial Weapon Proficiency entry
      is how many of the next :: delimiters refer to sub-selections for
      that feat. If it's over 30 (or whatever, certainly 186 is a
      giveaway!) then this bug resides in the current version of PCGen and
      must be squashed. :)

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC" <moulton@u...> wrote:
      > OK, I will try that.
      >
      > Nemo the Shadow Armor
    • Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 1, 2001
        I am fascinated. My youngest son is developing an internet insurance sales
        tool in Java.. and he was showing me how he developed and used classes...
        I downloaded the first zip file, probably 1-26. Seems like it was 1.2. I
        should still have the original somewhere. Maybe.
        I made my own drow class by modifying the Elf(sun) class. You ahve since
        added drow, and that may be part or all the problem. He only cares about 2
        martial weapons, or 3. Scimitar, dagger and crossbow.
        Whatever broought this on, probably is fixed, since I cannot duplicate it.
        However, there is still an issue with signs. Take away two levels, get -2
        feats, remove 1, and you have an additional: what should become -1 becomes
        1.
        I will try two ways: one the same as this, but using current release.
        Then try fighter only, since I do not need any additional rogue skills.

        Thanks.

        Ernie Moulton
        E-Mail Administrator **
        ACS / HQ USAREC