Re: i thinnk i want to cry...

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2001
      Heh - we wouldn't want our miliary to be insecure, would we???? ;)
      You could copy/paste your pcg file contents into a post - the pcg
      files aren't too big (usually under 1k).

      -Bryan

    • Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 1, 2001
        It would be hard to find a place to spend all those :)

        Ernie Moulton
        E-Mail Administrator **
        ACS / HQ USAREC
        502 626-1664 FAX 502 626-0994
        mailto:moulton@...

        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 1, 2001
          OK, I will try that.

          Nemo the Shadow Armor
          22::23::18::18::14::10::
          Fighter::None ::None ::7::10::9::9::9::9::9::9::-7::Rogue::None ::None
          ::3::9::9::9::-13::Shadow Dancer::None ::None ::5::9::9::9::9::9::55::
          Simple Weapon Proficiency::0::Armor Proficiency (light)::0::Armor
          Proficiency (medium)::0::Armor Proficiency (heavy)::0::Shield
          Proficiency::0::Martial Weapon Proficiency::186::Axe (throwing)::Hammer
          (light)::Handaxe::Lance (light)::Pick (light)::Sap::Sword
          (short)::Battleaxe::Flail (light)::Lance (heavy)::Sword (long)::Pick
          (heavy)::Rapier::Scimitar::Trident::Warhammer::Falchion::Flail
          (heavy)::Glaive::Greataxe::Greatclub::Sword
          (great)::Guisarme::Halberd::Longspear::Ranseur::Scythe::Shortbow::Shortbow
          (composite)::Longbow::Longbow (composite)::Axe (throwing)::Hammer
[...]
          (throwing)::Battleaxe::Falchion::Flail (heavy)::Flail
          (light)::Glaive::Greataxe::Greatclub::Guisarme::Halberd::Hammer
          (light)::Handaxe::Lance (heavy)::Lance (light)::Longbow::Longbow
          (composite)::Longspear::Pick (heavy)::Pick
          (light)::Ranseur::Rapier::Sap::Scimitar::Scythe::Shortbow::Shortbow
          (composite)::Sword (great)::Sword (long)::Sword
          (short)::Trident::Warhammer::Ambidexterity::0::Two-Weapon
          Fighting::0::Weapon Focus::1::Scimitar::Blind-Fight::0::Weapon
          Specialization::1::Scimitar::Combat Reflexes::0::Dodge::0::Improved
          Critical::1::Scimitar::Improved Two-Weapon Fighting::0::Mobility::0::Spring
          Attack::0::Improved Initiative::0::Daylight Adaptation::0::Resist
          Poison::0::
          Climb::5.0::Hide::15.0::Jump::11.0::Listen::5.0::Move
          Silently::10.0::Search::10.0::Spot::10.0::Escape
          Artist::10.0::Disguise::2.0::Disable Device::10.0::Decipher
          Script::1.0::Balance::10.0::Open
          Lock::10.0::Perform::5.0::Swim::5.0::Tumble::2.0::Use Magic
          Device::1.0::Ride::2.0::

          Elf (Drow)::7::60::127::126::M::Ambi

          Common::Elven::
          Dagger::Gauntlet::Gauntlet, spiked::Mace
          (light)::Sickle::Club::Halfspear::Mace
          (heavy)::Morningstar::Quarterstaff::Shortspear::Crossbow
          (light)::Dart::Sling::Crossbow (heavy)::Javelin::Axe (throwing)::Hammer
          (light)::Handaxe::Lance (light)::Pick (light)::Sap::Sword
          (short)::Battleaxe::Flail (light)::Lance (heavy)::Sword (long)::Pick
          (heavy)::Rapier::Scimitar::Trident::Warhammer::Falchion::Flail
          (heavy)::Glaive::Greataxe::Greatclub::Sword
          (great)::Guisarme::Halberd::Longspear::Ranseur::Scythe::Shortbow::Shortbow
          (composite)::Longbow::Longbow (composite)::Crossbow (Hand)::Crossbow
          (hand)::
          44::26
          :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
          Chain shirt ::1.0::N::Scimitar ::2.0::Y::Dagger ::3.0::N::Crossbow (hand)
          ::1.0::N::Scimitar +3 ::2.0::Y::Ring of Protection +3 ::1.0::N::Bracers Plus
          Ring ::1.0::N::Chain (Drow+4) ::1.0::Y::Dagger+3 ::3.0::N::Dagger+2
          (Longtooth) ::1.0::N::
          7634.0:: :: ::
          Fighter::
          Rogue::
          Shadow Dancer::
          115000::7630 gold ::Shadow 8HD ::Ring of Spell Turning
          Ring of Invisibility
          Ring of Protection +3 ::

          Ernie Moulton
          E-Mail Administrator **
          ACS / HQ USAREC
          502 626-1664 FAX 502 626-0994
          mailto:moulton@...

        • mocha@mcs.net
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 1, 2001
            I had to remove the magic item references (since they're unique to
            your lst files and not in mine) and remove the line-feeds that the
            post put in unnecessarily, then I was able to import your character.
            I think the problem stems from the fact that your pcg file indicates
            that you have 186 martial weapon proficiencies - whereas there aren't
            that many possiblilities. When you click on a feat I add the number
            of feats you have remaining plus the number of selections you have
            with regards to that feat. After you make your selections I then
            select the new number of selections from the previous sum (for feats
            you can take multiple times, obviously). So I'm adding the number of
            feats you have +186 and subtracting the number of selections you made
            (there are what, about 30 of them?) granting you an increase on the
            order of 150 or so feats. The obvious question then is, how did you
            get so many martial weapon proficiencies?
            What version of PCGen did you create this character with - and if you
            re-create this character from scratch (forget the magic items, they
            don't figure into this bug anyway) with the current release do you
            get this bug? I just did some correcting of the feat-counting logic,
            so I'm hoping that if you create this character from scratch this bug
            will go away. You can tell if you'll have the bug by looking in the
            pcg file - the number just after the Martial Weapon Proficiency entry
            is how many of the next :: delimiters refer to sub-selections for
            that feat. If it's over 30 (or whatever, certainly 186 is a
            giveaway!) then this bug resides in the current version of PCGen and
            must be squashed. :)

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC" <moulton@u...> wrote:
            > OK, I will try that.
            >
            > Nemo the Shadow Armor
          • Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 1, 2001
              I am fascinated. My youngest son is developing an internet insurance sales
              tool in Java.. and he was showing me how he developed and used classes...
              I downloaded the first zip file, probably 1-26. Seems like it was 1.2. I
              should still have the original somewhere. Maybe.
              I made my own drow class by modifying the Elf(sun) class. You ahve since
              added drow, and that may be part or all the problem. He only cares about 2
              martial weapons, or 3. Scimitar, dagger and crossbow.
              Whatever broought this on, probably is fixed, since I cannot duplicate it.
              However, there is still an issue with signs. Take away two levels, get -2
              feats, remove 1, and you have an additional: what should become -1 becomes
              1.
              I will try two ways: one the same as this, but using current release.
              Then try fighter only, since I do not need any additional rogue skills.

              Thanks.

              Ernie Moulton
              E-Mail Administrator **
              ACS / HQ USAREC