PCGen 5.3.11 is available

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      NOTE: SOURCEFORGE IS HAVING DIFFICULTIES. I am currently unable to
      update the Home Page due to a service outage. Until I am able to do
      so, you can find the release files at this URL - look for the
      pcgen5311_part1of3.zip part2of3.zip and part3of3.zip files.

      https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25576

      PCGen is a Java-based RPG character generator and
      maintenance program that works on all platforms (Windows,
      Mac OS X, Linux, etc). All datafiles are ASCII so they can be
      modified by users, and are available through the pcgendm
      project. An XML conversion is underway.

      Mac OS X users - if you quit PCGen using close or quit,
      your preferences will not be saved. The preference files
      are only saved if you use the File->Exit menu item to exit
      PCGen. This is a java issue (our thanks to Conor for finding
      the reason for this long-standing issue!)

      The pdf library that we use to generate the way cool pdf
      character sheets changed in version 5.3.3. If you've updated
      beyond version 5.3.3 and want to use the pdf character sheets
      and you haven't downloaded the new pdf library yet, it can be
      found at:

      http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pcgen/pdf_new.zip?download

      unzip the above library into your pcgen's lib folder.

      Data for the core 3.5e books is being actively developed
      on our yahoo site. It should soon be ready for inclusion
      in a beta release. After that release we will move PCGen
      to be based upon java 1.4, which means that releases after
      that will require users to download java 1.4. We've been
      encouraging users to install java 1.4 since it runs faster
      than java 1.3. Those on Mac OS 9, Mac OS X (10 - 10.1) will
      need to upgrade to Mac OS X (10.2 or higher) in order for
      their machine to handle java 1.4.

      For users who have trouble getting the 3 zip files
      to unzip properly, we have some OS-specific installs that
      should help minimize the chance of install related errors.
      Links to these installs can be found at:
      20Releases/
      These are the same PCGen everyone else uses, just packaged
      with installers which target Windows and Mac OS X users
      specifically. Typically there is a lag between when the
      official release is done and when these special installers
      are ready.

      We always recommend that users install new versions of
      PCGen in a 'new' directory.

      Below is a list of everything that has been
      addressed in this release. If you reported one
      of these, please verify that it is was addressed
      properly. PCGen is available at
      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net , and the main
      discussion group is at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen . If you wish to discuss
      making your own custom lst files for use with PCGen, the data
      monkeys have made their home at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp and they
      pride themselves in being able to field all questions about the
      data - from very basic to very advanced. All three zips are
      required to run PCGen:
      pcgen5311_part1of3.zip, pcgen5311_part2of3.zip and
      pcgen5311_part3of3.zip.

      Bugs
      785204 [5.3.3] Missing pointbuymethods.lst
      814073 Displayed HP doesn't change when modifier changes to 0
      814074 AC info not updated on display when DEX mod changes
      813750 Problems with Update of Summary Tab
      813049 Toughness granted with LEVEL:#:FEAT doesn't update HP
      813043 Template feats granted with LEVEL:FEAT are not removed
      812791 miscinfo ACTYPE information wrong
      765805 Monster Race Doesn't Apply Levels

      Features
      815585 support .REMOVE for templates
      812194 we need a change the Half-Dragon Template for Dragonstar
      814797 Allow the correct syntax to be used with DEITYWEAPON
      780485 AUTO:SHEILDPROF as we have AUTO:WEAPONPROF
      811699 CMP: ADD:FEAT in conjunction with LEVEL:#: in templates
      812793 Allow %LIST to be used on AUTO tags
      802745 CMP:Make HD tag available on SUBCLASS line
      743092 Resize export window

      PCGen:DM Tag Additions
      813331 Unhardcoding - AUTO:SHIELDPROF| in SRD

      PCGen:DM Tag Modification Requests
      705793 PREAPPLY tag for Rapid Shot
      672004 Glove of Storing add SLOTS:1
      814823 SRD - Dragon template to only 1 TEMPLATE:CHOOSE

      PCGenDocs: Output Sheet Bugs
      812789 |%SPELLLISTCLASS.x| error

      The PCGen Development Team