Re: [pcgen] Bug? Multihanded creatures and double-weapons

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      Barak wrote:
      > Yeah, looks like the program should handle that more gracefully.
      >
      > Totally irrelevant, but I'm going to say it anyway: While you should be
      > able to do it by the rules, I can tell you if I was DMing that'd be
      > right out. Maybe if their arms were arranged differently... but as is,
      > I'd rule that there's no way they could use two double weapons without
      > them interfering with each other. :)

      Depends on the arrangement of the arms on the torso, and the double
      weapon in question. if it's got whippy bits on it, no way for sure.

      The thri-kreen explicitly use pairs of their double-ended
      trident-thingies (Exotic double weapon) - which is what prompted my
      discovery of this particular bug.

      --
      Emily Smirle

      Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
    • Emily Smirle
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        Barak wrote:
        > Yeah, looks like the program should handle that more gracefully.
        >
        > Totally irrelevant, but I'm going to say it anyway: While you should be
        > able to do it by the rules, I can tell you if I was DMing that'd be
        > right out. Maybe if their arms were arranged differently... but as is,
        > I'd rule that there's no way they could use two double weapons without
        > them interfering with each other. :)

        Adding a little more to the debate, technically the Xill in 3.0 and 3.5
        is able to use two longbows at once. PCGen doesn't allow for this, so
        it's not just double weapons, but *two handed* weapons in general that
        are apparently checking for "One primary hand, and one secondary hand".