RE: [pcgen] Bug? Multihanded creatures and double-weapons

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      Yeah, looks like the program should handle that more gracefully.

      Totally irrelevant, but I'm going to say it anyway: While you should be
      able to do it by the rules, I can tell you if I was DMing that'd be
      right out. Maybe if their arms were arranged differently... but as is,
      I'd rule that there's no way they could use two double weapons without
      them interfering with each other. :)

      Barak
      ~PCGen BoD
      ~OS Silverback

    • Emily Smirle
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        Barak wrote:
        > Yeah, looks like the program should handle that more gracefully.
        >
        > Totally irrelevant, but I'm going to say it anyway: While you should be
        > able to do it by the rules, I can tell you if I was DMing that'd be
        > right out. Maybe if their arms were arranged differently... but as is,
        > I'd rule that there's no way they could use two double weapons without
        > them interfering with each other. :)

        Depends on the arrangement of the arms on the torso, and the double
        weapon in question. if it's got whippy bits on it, no way for sure.

        The thri-kreen explicitly use pairs of their double-ended
        trident-thingies (Exotic double weapon) - which is what prompted my
        discovery of this particular bug.

        --
        Emily Smirle

        Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
      • Emily Smirle
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
          Barak wrote:
          > Yeah, looks like the program should handle that more gracefully.
          >
          > Totally irrelevant, but I'm going to say it anyway: While you should be
          > able to do it by the rules, I can tell you if I was DMing that'd be
          > right out. Maybe if their arms were arranged differently... but as is,
          > I'd rule that there's no way they could use two double weapons without
          > them interfering with each other. :)

          Adding a little more to the debate, technically the Xill in 3.0 and 3.5
          is able to use two longbows at once. PCGen doesn't allow for this, so
          it's not just double weapons, but *two handed* weapons in general that
          are apparently checking for "One primary hand, and one secondary hand".