RE: [pcgen] Re: Adding portraist not working:

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
      I'd say go for it. The less confusion the better.

      Does anyone know why it was done that way in the first place???

      Barak
      ~PCGen BoD
      ~OS Silverback

    • Emily Smirle
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
        Barak wrote:
        > I'd say go for it. The less confusion the better.
        >
        > Does anyone know why it was done that way in the first place???

        I blame it on the monkeys.

        --
        Emily Smirle

        Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2003
          Hi,

          OK, all completed. Freq #816537 "Simplify selection of Portraits". See the
          latest autobuild.

          James Dempsey
          JDempsey@...
          PCGEN Code Monkey

          > I'd say go for it. The less confusion the better.
          >
          > Does anyone know why it was done that way in the first place???
          >
          > Barak
          > ~PCGen BoD
          > ~OS Silverback

        • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 27, 2003
            Am I the only one experiencing PCGen forgetting everything about my
            picture every time I start it after this change was implemented?
            (Wheather this is the cause or not?)

            Could it be because I have PCGen under "Program Files" (Dirname with
            a space?)

            This is with 5.3.12.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@a...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Would anyone object if I changed this to work in a more logical
            manner? i.e.
            > You open a dialog and select an image, no drop-down? This does seem
            to be a
            > continuing area of confusion.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > James Dempsey
            > JDempsey@a...
            > PCGEN Code Monkey

          • Thomas Jannes
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 27, 2003
              > Am I the only one experiencing PCGen forgetting everything about my
              > picture every time I start it after this change was implemented?
              > (Wheather this is the cause or not?)

              > Could it be because I have PCGen under "Program Files" (Dirname with
              > a space?)

              > This is with 5.3.12.

              No, you're not the only one :-) I made a bug tracker and it has been
              fixed by Jayme I think. If you get the latest alfabuild, it is fixed.
              Or wait until next beta-release.

              Thomas
              Mad OS Test Monkey
            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 27, 2003
                Hi,

                Nope you are not the only one. I fixed that bug a couple of days ago, so it
                will stop happening in either the current alpha, or the next beta. To avoid
                it in 5.3.12 and 5.4, just create a new character and close it as your first
                step after starting PCGen. Subsequent characters should load their portraits
                fine.

                James Dempsey
                JDempsey@...
                PCGEN Code Monkey