Re: Adding portraist not working:

  • Ian Dale
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "makesmetired" <dawjr2003@s...> wrote:
      > Ahh, thanks. I got it now. I was misreading it (several times). doh!

      Nah, it's kinda funky how it works. Not sure the logic behind it,
      maybe it made sense to whoever implemented it, or was the easiest way
      or something, but pretty much everyone gets confused by it. :) I guess
      if you have a directory full of possibilities for the portrait, it'd
      be easy (select one thing once in a window, and then use the popup for
      trying out each picture). *shrug*

      -Ian
      LST Chimp
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003

        Would anyone object if I changed this to work in a more logical manner? i.e.
        You open a dialog and select an image, no drop-down? This does seem to be a
        continuing area of confusion.

        James Dempsey
        JDempsey@...
        PCGEN Code Monkey

        > > Ahh, thanks. I got it now. I was misreading it (several times). doh!
        >
        > Nah, it's kinda funky how it works. Not sure the logic behind it,
        > maybe it made sense to whoever implemented it, or was the easiest way
        > or something, but pretty much everyone gets confused by it. :) I guess
        > if you have a directory full of possibilities for the portrait, it'd
        > be easy (select one thing once in a window, and then use the popup for
        > trying out each picture). *shrug*
        >
        > -Ian
        > LST Chimp
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
          I'd say go for it. The less confusion the better.

          Does anyone know why it was done that way in the first place???

          Barak
          ~PCGen BoD
          ~OS Silverback

        • Emily Smirle
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
            Barak wrote:
            > I'd say go for it. The less confusion the better.
            >
            > Does anyone know why it was done that way in the first place???

            I blame it on the monkeys.

            --
            Emily Smirle

            Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2003

              OK, all completed. Freq #816537 "Simplify selection of Portraits". See the
              latest autobuild.

              James Dempsey
              JDempsey@...
              PCGEN Code Monkey

              > I'd say go for it. The less confusion the better.
              >
              > Does anyone know why it was done that way in the first place???
              >
              > Barak
              > ~PCGen BoD
              > ~OS Silverback

            • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 27, 2003
                Am I the only one experiencing PCGen forgetting everything about my
                picture every time I start it after this change was implemented?
                (Wheather this is the cause or not?)

                Could it be because I have PCGen under "Program Files" (Dirname with
                a space?)

                This is with 5.3.12.

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@a...> wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > Would anyone object if I changed this to work in a more logical
                manner? i.e.
                > You open a dialog and select an image, no drop-down? This does seem
                to be a
                > continuing area of confusion.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > James Dempsey
                > JDempsey@a...
                > PCGEN Code Monkey

              • Thomas Jannes
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 27, 2003
                  > Am I the only one experiencing PCGen forgetting everything about my
                  > picture every time I start it after this change was implemented?
                  > (Wheather this is the cause or not?)

                  > Could it be because I have PCGen under "Program Files" (Dirname with
                  > a space?)

                  > This is with 5.3.12.

                  No, you're not the only one :-) I made a bug tracker and it has been
                  fixed by Jayme I think. If you get the latest alfabuild, it is fixed.
                  Or wait until next beta-release.

                  Thomas
                  Mad OS Test Monkey
                • James Dempsey
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 27, 2003

                    Nope you are not the only one. I fixed that bug a couple of days ago, so it
                    will stop happening in either the current alpha, or the next beta. To avoid
                    it in 5.3.12 and 5.4, just create a new character and close it as your first
                    step after starting PCGen. Subsequent characters should load their portraits
                    fine.

                    James Dempsey
                    JDempsey@...
                    PCGEN Code Monkey