[CONFIRM][BUG][Jayme] 5.3.10. Ranger VFEAT's being added again at every save

  • Thomas Jannes
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
      > I submitted something very similar as tracker "792369: Martial Weapon
      > Proficiency appearing twice after reload" a while ago. It then got
      > fixed by Jayme I think, so maybe he can figure out what is wrong this
      > time ?

      > Symptoms: whenever you change anyhting on the feats tab, some get
      > doubled. They appear twice on the OS and in the .pcg file. This time,
      > the char does not need to be saved for this to happen, it happens "in
      > real time" ;-)

      > Thomas/Chipoulou
      > Mad OS Test Monkey

      Sorry for the mess :-(
      I rebuilt the char, and have this problem again, it keeps adding the
      VFEAT's for my ranger. In my case the Two-Weapon-Fighting VFEATs.

      I'm using the 200309301914 alpha from plambert.

      Thomas/Chipoulou
      Mad OS Test Monkey
    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
        <snip>

        At 02:26 PM 9/30/2003 -0400, Barak wrote:

        >If you want to include 3.0 stuff, just add the .pcc for the book to the

        >rsrd.pcc and it'll be loaded. Pretty simple.

        Excellent. I was about to ask this very question, as my group is

        using the 3.5 core rules but still allows PrC's and such from 3.0 sources.

        Mark.

        </snip>

        The problem then becomes that the users that are using the extra sources have to edit the datasets EVERY time PCGen gets updated. Why don't we just add 3.5 gamemode to all the sources and use some nice EXCLUDE lines and add the new skills to any pre-req's in the source files. At least untill all the publishers that need to alter their source files make 3.5 errata.

        Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse

        PCGen OGL Gibbon

        ICQ: 14397299

        AO: Nylan

        Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

        "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein

      • Jayme Cox
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
          > I rebuilt the char, and have this problem again, it keeps adding the
          > VFEAT's for my ranger. In my case the Two-Weapon-Fighting VFEATs.
          >
          > Thomas/Chipoulou

          Does this only occur with the RSRD or does it also happen with the 3.0 SRD?
        • Thomas Jannes
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
            >> I rebuilt the char, and have this problem again, it keeps adding the
            >> VFEAT's for my ranger. In my case the Two-Weapon-Fighting VFEATs.
            >>
            >> Thomas/Chipoulou

            > Does this only occur with the RSRD or does it also happen with the 3.0 SRD?

            I have tested this with a 3.0 ranger and did not have the problem.
            It looks like this happens only with the VFEATS that are tied to the
            ranger special feats like

            Ranger Two Weapon Fighting
            <-snip->
            ADD:VFEAT(Two Weapon Fighting)