Re: Does 3.5 relly need it's own game mode?

  • chris
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
      That's what I need to do then...

      -- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
      > Can't be done. As we've discussed earlier, the AC and how various
      bits
      > of it are calculated have changed. They've completely separated
      out
      > shields and how they affect AC and for that alone you need a new
      game
      > mode.
      >
      > If you want to include 3.0 stuff, just add the .pcc for the book to
      the
      > rsrd.pcc and it'll be loaded. Pretty simple.
      >
      > Barak
      > ~PCGen BoD
      > ~OS Silverback

    • Mark Perneta
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
        At 02:26 PM 9/30/2003 -0400, Barak wrote:
        >If you want to include 3.0 stuff, just add the .pcc for the book to the
        >rsrd.pcc and it'll be loaded. Pretty simple.

        Excellent. I was about to ask this very question, as my group is
        using the 3.5 core rules but still allows PrC's and such from 3.0 sources.

        Mark.

        --
        "Any difficulty you may find while attempting to read through
        this book as if it were a light work of fiction is entirely your own
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
          I submitted something very similar as tracker "792369: Martial Weapon
          Proficiency appearing twice after reload" a while ago. It then got
          fixed by Jayme I think, so maybe he can figure out what is wrong this
          time ?

          Symptoms: whenever you change anyhting on the feats tab, some get
          doubled. They appear twice on the OS and in the .pcg file. This time,
          the char does not need to be saved for this to happen, it happens "in
          real time" ;-)

          Thomas/Chipoulou
          Mad OS Test Monkey
        • Thomas Jannes
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
            > I submitted something very similar as tracker "792369: Martial Weapon
            > Proficiency appearing twice after reload" a while ago. It then got
            > fixed by Jayme I think, so maybe he can figure out what is wrong this
            > time ?

            > Symptoms: whenever you change anyhting on the feats tab, some get
            > doubled. They appear twice on the OS and in the .pcg file. This time,
            > the char does not need to be saved for this to happen, it happens "in
            > real time" ;-)

            > Thomas/Chipoulou
            > Mad OS Test Monkey

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            > PCGen's FAQ:

            Unless someone else has the same problem, I think it is because I
            opened a char created with a previous version of the RSRD that just
            went totally weird on me...

            Thomas/Chipoulou
            Mad OS Test Monkey
          • Thomas Jannes
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
              > I submitted something very similar as tracker "792369: Martial Weapon
              > Proficiency appearing twice after reload" a while ago. It then got
              > fixed by Jayme I think, so maybe he can figure out what is wrong this
              > time ?

              > Symptoms: whenever you change anyhting on the feats tab, some get
              > doubled. They appear twice on the OS and in the .pcg file. This time,
              > the char does not need to be saved for this to happen, it happens "in
              > real time" ;-)

              > Thomas/Chipoulou
              > Mad OS Test Monkey

              Sorry for the mess :-(
              I rebuilt the char, and have this problem again, it keeps adding the
              VFEAT's for my ranger. In my case the Two-Weapon-Fighting VFEATs.

              I'm using the 200309301914 alpha from plambert.

              Thomas/Chipoulou
              Mad OS Test Monkey
            • Paul Grosse
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
                <snip>

                At 02:26 PM 9/30/2003 -0400, Barak wrote:

                >If you want to include 3.0 stuff, just add the .pcc for the book to the

                >rsrd.pcc and it'll be loaded. Pretty simple.

                Excellent. I was about to ask this very question, as my group is

                using the 3.5 core rules but still allows PrC's and such from 3.0 sources.

                Mark.

                </snip>

                The problem then becomes that the users that are using the extra sources have to edit the datasets EVERY time PCGen gets updated. Why don't we just add 3.5 gamemode to all the sources and use some nice EXCLUDE lines and add the new skills to any pre-req's in the source files. At least untill all the publishers that need to alter their source files make 3.5 errata.

                Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse

                PCGen OGL Gibbon

                ICQ: 14397299

                AO: Nylan

                Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

                "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein

              • Jayme Cox
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
                  > I rebuilt the char, and have this problem again, it keeps adding the
                  > VFEAT's for my ranger. In my case the Two-Weapon-Fighting VFEATs.
                  >
                  > Thomas/Chipoulou

                  Does this only occur with the RSRD or does it also happen with the 3.0 SRD?
                • Thomas Jannes
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
                    >> I rebuilt the char, and have this problem again, it keeps adding the
                    >> VFEAT's for my ranger. In my case the Two-Weapon-Fighting VFEATs.
                    >>
                    >> Thomas/Chipoulou

                    > Does this only occur with the RSRD or does it also happen with the 3.0 SRD?

                    I have tested this with a 3.0 ranger and did not have the problem.
                    It looks like this happens only with the VFEATS that are tied to the
                    ranger special feats like

                    Ranger Two Weapon Fighting
                    <-snip->
                    ADD:VFEAT(Two Weapon Fighting)