RE: [pcgen] Re: Does 3.5 relly need it's own game mode?

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
      Can't be done. As we've discussed earlier, the AC and how various bits
      of it are calculated have changed. They've completely separated out
      shields and how they affect AC and for that alone you need a new game
      mode.

      If you want to include 3.0 stuff, just add the .pcc for the book to the
      rsrd.pcc and it'll be loaded. Pretty simple.

      Barak
      ~PCGen BoD
      ~OS Silverback

    • chris
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
        That's what I need to do then...

        -- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
        > Can't be done. As we've discussed earlier, the AC and how various
        bits
        > of it are calculated have changed. They've completely separated
        out
        > shields and how they affect AC and for that alone you need a new
        game
        > mode.
        >
        > If you want to include 3.0 stuff, just add the .pcc for the book to
        the
        > rsrd.pcc and it'll be loaded. Pretty simple.
        >
        > Barak
        > ~PCGen BoD
        > ~OS Silverback

      • Mark Perneta
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
          At 02:26 PM 9/30/2003 -0400, Barak wrote:
          >If you want to include 3.0 stuff, just add the .pcc for the book to the
          >rsrd.pcc and it'll be loaded. Pretty simple.

          Excellent. I was about to ask this very question, as my group is
          using the 3.5 core rules but still allows PrC's and such from 3.0 sources.

          Mark.

          --
          "Any difficulty you may find while attempting to read through
          this book as if it were a light work of fiction is entirely your own
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
            I submitted something very similar as tracker "792369: Martial Weapon
            Proficiency appearing twice after reload" a while ago. It then got
            fixed by Jayme I think, so maybe he can figure out what is wrong this
            time ?

            Symptoms: whenever you change anyhting on the feats tab, some get
            doubled. They appear twice on the OS and in the .pcg file. This time,
            the char does not need to be saved for this to happen, it happens "in
            real time" ;-)

            Thomas/Chipoulou
            Mad OS Test Monkey
          • Thomas Jannes
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
              > I submitted something very similar as tracker "792369: Martial Weapon
              > Proficiency appearing twice after reload" a while ago. It then got
              > fixed by Jayme I think, so maybe he can figure out what is wrong this
              > time ?

              > Symptoms: whenever you change anyhting on the feats tab, some get
              > doubled. They appear twice on the OS and in the .pcg file. This time,
              > the char does not need to be saved for this to happen, it happens "in
              > real time" ;-)

              > Thomas/Chipoulou
              > Mad OS Test Monkey

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              > PCGen's FAQ:

              Unless someone else has the same problem, I think it is because I
              opened a char created with a previous version of the RSRD that just
              went totally weird on me...

              Thomas/Chipoulou
              Mad OS Test Monkey
            • Thomas Jannes
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 30, 2003
                > I submitted something very similar as tracker "792369: Martial Weapon
                > Proficiency appearing twice after reload" a while ago. It then got
                > fixed by Jayme I think, so maybe he can figure out what is wrong this
                > time ?

                > Symptoms: whenever you change anyhting on the feats tab, some get
                > doubled. They appear twice on the OS and in the .pcg file. This time,
                > the char does not need to be saved for this to happen, it happens "in
                > real time" ;-)

                > Thomas/Chipoulou
                > Mad OS Test Monkey

                Sorry for the mess :-(
                I rebuilt the char, and have this problem again, it keeps adding the
                VFEAT's for my ranger. In my case the Two-Weapon-Fighting VFEATs.

                I'm using the 200309301914 alpha from plambert.

                Thomas/Chipoulou
                Mad OS Test Monkey
              • Paul Grosse
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
                  <snip>

                  At 02:26 PM 9/30/2003 -0400, Barak wrote:

                  >If you want to include 3.0 stuff, just add the .pcc for the book to the

                  >rsrd.pcc and it'll be loaded. Pretty simple.

                  Excellent. I was about to ask this very question, as my group is

                  using the 3.5 core rules but still allows PrC's and such from 3.0 sources.

                  Mark.

                  </snip>

                  The problem then becomes that the users that are using the extra sources have to edit the datasets EVERY time PCGen gets updated. Why don't we just add 3.5 gamemode to all the sources and use some nice EXCLUDE lines and add the new skills to any pre-req's in the source files. At least untill all the publishers that need to alter their source files make 3.5 errata.

                  Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse

                  PCGen OGL Gibbon

                  ICQ: 14397299

                  AO: Nylan

                  Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

                  "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race to keep all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein

                • Jayme Cox
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
                    > I rebuilt the char, and have this problem again, it keeps adding the
                    > VFEAT's for my ranger. In my case the Two-Weapon-Fighting VFEATs.
                    >
                    > Thomas/Chipoulou

                    Does this only occur with the RSRD or does it also happen with the 3.0 SRD?
                  • Thomas Jannes
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 1, 2003
                      >> I rebuilt the char, and have this problem again, it keeps adding the
                      >> VFEAT's for my ranger. In my case the Two-Weapon-Fighting VFEATs.
                      >>
                      >> Thomas/Chipoulou

                      > Does this only occur with the RSRD or does it also happen with the 3.0 SRD?

                      I have tested this with a 3.0 ranger and did not have the problem.
                      It looks like this happens only with the VFEATS that are tied to the
                      ranger special feats like

                      Ranger Two Weapon Fighting
                      <-snip->
                      ADD:VFEAT(Two Weapon Fighting)