Re: [pcgen] PCGEN on the Pocket PC

  • Brass Tilde
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
      > Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think that
      > is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
      > notes - not running PCGEN.

      Check Adobe's website. At last look, I thought I saw a free one there. I
      know they have a free one for Palm OS devices.
    • Hugh Foster
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
        >> Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think that
        >> is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
        >> notes - not running PCGEN.

        Older versions of PC-Gen could produce an RTF file - which will synch
        quite happily and Pocket Word will read. Although the output sheets
        for RTF aren't included any more (can't think why as this was quite
        useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
        will solve your problem.

        --

        Hugh Foster
        hugh@...

        30/09/2003 3:56:00 PM
      • pjak
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Foster <hugh@a...> wrote:
          > (can't think why as this was quite
          > useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
          > will solve your problem.

          Actually, that's the reason it's not included. Nobody 'adopted' it
          and kept it updated. I'm sure that if someone were to do that, it'd
          be included (or at least kept here on the yahoo site.)

          /Jonas
        • acedashdog
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
            OK, I've uploaded the sheet I have to Homebrew Outputsheets, beware
            there are still some nassstyy error messages when it's run and some
            odds and sods like # turns and some equipment don't work. But it
            produces an RTF which Pocket Windows can read (as can Wordsmith for
            the Palm, yuk yuk!)

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pjak" <pjak@y...> wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Foster <hugh@a...> wrote:
            > > (can't think why as this was quite
            > > useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
            > > will solve your problem.
            >
            > Actually, that's the reason it's not included. Nobody 'adopted' it
            > and kept it updated. I'm sure that if someone were to do that, it'd
            > be included (or at least kept here on the yahoo site.)
            >
            > /Jonas
          • Cameron Guill
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
              Adobe has a reader for the Pocket PC. I use it on my X5. It is called
              Acrobat Reader 1.0 for the Pocket PC

              Cameron Guill (Arnix)

              Alea Publishing Group

              AleaPublishing.com

              Co-Author of "A Question of Honor: A Guidebook to Knights"

              >> Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think
              that
              >> is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
              >> notes - not running PCGEN.

              Older versions of PC-Gen could produce an RTF file - which will synch
              quite happily and Pocket Word will read. Although the output sheets
              for RTF aren't included any more (can't think why as this was quite
              useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
              will solve your problem.

              --

              Hugh Foster
              hugh@...
              http://www.ace-dog.com
              Back Up My Hard Drive? How do I Put It In Reverse?

              30/09/2003 3:56:00 PM

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3856299.5103760.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
              61:HM/A=1754452/R=0/SIG=11tjeu2hk/*http:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=601783