Re: [pcgen] PCGEN on the Pocket PC

  • Joe Medica
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
      Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think that
      is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
      notes - not running PCGEN.

      Agreed - screen is much too small for something that large.

      Joe

      --- Kevin Brown <kevin_brown@...> wrote:
      > imaginedragons wrote:
      >
      > > Greetings, If one has a java compiler is it possible to run pcgen on
      > > the pocket pC?(tmobile phone edition).
      > >
      > > Anyone try this with perhaps esmertec compiler or something else/
      > >

      > Kind of a small screen for something like PCGen.

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Brass Tilde
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
        > Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think that
        > is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
        > notes - not running PCGEN.

        Check Adobe's website. At last look, I thought I saw a free one there. I
        know they have a free one for Palm OS devices.
      • Hugh Foster
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
          >> Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think that
          >> is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
          >> notes - not running PCGEN.

          Older versions of PC-Gen could produce an RTF file - which will synch
          quite happily and Pocket Word will read. Although the output sheets
          for RTF aren't included any more (can't think why as this was quite
          useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
          will solve your problem.

          --

          Hugh Foster
          hugh@...

          30/09/2003 3:56:00 PM
        • pjak
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 30, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Foster <hugh@a...> wrote:
            > (can't think why as this was quite
            > useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
            > will solve your problem.

            Actually, that's the reason it's not included. Nobody 'adopted' it
            and kept it updated. I'm sure that if someone were to do that, it'd
            be included (or at least kept here on the yahoo site.)

            /Jonas
          • acedashdog
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
              OK, I've uploaded the sheet I have to Homebrew Outputsheets, beware
              there are still some nassstyy error messages when it's run and some
              odds and sods like # turns and some equipment don't work. But it
              produces an RTF which Pocket Windows can read (as can Wordsmith for
              the Palm, yuk yuk!)

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pjak" <pjak@y...> wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Foster <hugh@a...> wrote:
              > > (can't think why as this was quite
              > > useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
              > > will solve your problem.
              >
              > Actually, that's the reason it's not included. Nobody 'adopted' it
              > and kept it updated. I'm sure that if someone were to do that, it'd
              > be included (or at least kept here on the yahoo site.)
              >
              > /Jonas
            • Cameron Guill
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
                Adobe has a reader for the Pocket PC. I use it on my X5. It is called
                Acrobat Reader 1.0 for the Pocket PC

                Cameron Guill (Arnix)

                Alea Publishing Group

                AleaPublishing.com

                Co-Author of "A Question of Honor: A Guidebook to Knights"

                >> Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think
                that
                >> is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
                >> notes - not running PCGEN.

                Older versions of PC-Gen could produce an RTF file - which will synch
                quite happily and Pocket Word will read. Although the output sheets
                for RTF aren't included any more (can't think why as this was quite
                useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
                will solve your problem.

                --

                Hugh Foster
                hugh@...
                http://www.ace-dog.com
                Back Up My Hard Drive? How do I Put It In Reverse?

                30/09/2003 3:56:00 PM

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3856299.5103760.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
                61:HM/A=1754452/R=0/SIG=11tjeu2hk/*http:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=601783