Re: Base attackes and 2 handed fighting

  • ylestos
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Knight" <kofspain@s...> wrote:
      > When you use the off hand attack, you take the two-weapon
      > fighting penalties to ALL of your attacks with the primary
      > weapon. That's why it has "+9/+4" under 2W-P-(OL). So,
      > your second longsword attack is at +4.

    • ylestos
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
        All,

        Apparentely my previous reply did not come through ... but with the

        Message: 5
        Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:38:07 -0500
        From: "Andy Knight" <kofspain@...>
        Subject: RE: Base attackes and 2 handed fighting

        When you use the off hand attack, you take the two-weapon
        fighting penalties to ALL of your attacks with the primary
        weapon. That's why it has "+9/+4" under 2W-P-(OL). So,
        your second longsword attack is at +4.
        ___________________
        For your second attacks, you would use +4 (Primary hand, 2W-P-(OL)
        (just in case you didn't know, that means two weapons, primary hand,
        off-hand weapon is light). You would not get an attack with your off
        hand for your second attack as 2W-OH (two weapons, off-hand) only has
        one attack listed.

        <<<<<<<<<<

        I have the additional question that during that second attack, the
        off hand is not used , meaning that you do not need to take the
        penalty of using that hand (you can use it to keep your balance ..)

        Ylestos
      • ovka
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ylestos" <ylestos@t...> wrote:
          >I have the additional question that during that second attack, the
          >off hand is not used , meaning that you do not need to take the
          >penalty of using that hand (you can use it to keep your balance ..)

          No. Once you use the off-hand, the penalty applies to all attacks
          made with the primary hand until the next round.

          Cheers,

          Sir George Anonymous
        • Vance
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003

            > No. Once you use the off-hand, the penalty applies to all attacks
            > made with the primary hand until the next round.

            Just a couple comments/clarifications:
            1) The Two-Weapon fighting penalties apply to ALL attacks made that turn,
            not just the ones made after you use the Off-Hand weapon.
            So, if your normak attacks were +6/+1, they would now be +0/-5 for the
            Primary hand and -4 for the Off-Hand (feats and light weapons will change
            this) no matter what order you swung your weapons. If you take a swing with
            your Primary weapon at +6, then you cannot swing your off-hand weapon.

            2) Since the only attacks you can make "until the next round" other than
            your turn are attacks of opportunity. Page 137 of the PHB says "You make
            your attack of opportunity, however, at your NORMAL attack bonus-----even if
            you've already attacked in the round."
            VR