Re: RSRD v18 - %CHOICE problem

  • Felipe F. Diniz
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 29, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
      > > Small remaining display issue : description says "+2 attack bonus
      > > and does +2d6 bonus damage vs. %CHOICE" on the OS. %CHOICE should
      be
      > > replaced by the selection. Name seems ok : "*Longsword +2 (Bane
      > > (Giants))".
      > >
      > If no else has mentioned this, the %CHOICE in the ranger SA print-
      out
      > for favored wenemies does the same thing. I've compared it to the
      > write up for the srd ranger and changed around the SA: tag trying to
      > get it to work. The best I could do was to get the bonus value (+2,
      > +4, etc) to print out. I tried simply copying the SA line from the
      srd
      > Ranger (which print out correctly and it still didn't print the
      > %CHOICE right on the OS.
      >
      > There is some issue with %CHOICE in the rsrd lst files printing out
      on
      > the OS's.

      How does it show on the Abilities tab? The OSes just repeat what's in
      there...

      Felipe
      - OS & Code Gibbon
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 30, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Felipe F. Diniz" <fdiniz@i...> wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
        > > > Small remaining display issue : description says "+2 attack bonus
        > > > and does +2d6 bonus damage vs. %CHOICE" on the OS. %CHOICE should
        > be
        > > > replaced by the selection. Name seems ok : "*Longsword +2 (Bane
        > > > (Giants))".
        > > >
        > > If no else has mentioned this, the %CHOICE in the ranger SA print-
        > out
        > > for favored wenemies does the same thing. I've compared it to the
        > > write up for the srd ranger and changed around the SA: tag trying to
        > > get it to work. The best I could do was to get the bonus value (+2,
        > > +4, etc) to print out. I tried simply copying the SA line from the
        > srd
        > > Ranger (which print out correctly and it still didn't print the
        > > %CHOICE right on the OS.
        > >
        > > There is some issue with %CHOICE in the rsrd lst files printing out
        > on
        > > the OS's.
        >
        > How does it show on the Abilities tab? The OSes just repeat what's in
        > there...

        Hm, tried my Ranger in 5.3.10 with RSRDv20 and it prints correctly.

        Don't know about the Bane weapon. Don't have one.
      • Seb
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2003
          The problem is not completly solved in the new rsrdequipmods.lst :
          a number of modifiers (like skill bonus) needs to have :
          'PRETYPE:EQMODTYPE=MagicalEnhancement,Armor|MagicalEnhancement,Shield
          |etc...'
          changed into
          'PRETYPE:EQMODTYPE=MagicalEnhancement,Armor|EQMODTYPE=MagicalEnhancem
          ent,Shield|etc...'
          (EQMODTYPE was added once where it should be added several times)

          Seb

          > Drat.
          >
          > Ok, change all the "PRETYPE:MagicalEnhancement" bits to
          > "PRETYPE:EQMODTYPE=MagicalEnhancement"
          >
          > Or download the file I just uploaded. :p
          >
          > Barak
          > ~PCGen BoD
          > ~OS Silverback

        • Seb
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
            Barak,

            Can you take care of it before v21 is released ?

            Seb

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
            > The problem is not completly solved in the new rsrdequipmods.lst :
            > a number of modifiers (like skill bonus) needs to have :
            > 'PRETYPE:EQMODTYPE=MagicalEnhancement,Armor|MagicalEnhancement,Shiel
            > |etc...'
            > changed into
            > 'PRETYPE:EQMODTYPE=MagicalEnhancement,Armor|EQMODTYPE=MagicalEnhance
            > ent,Shield|etc...'
            > (EQMODTYPE was added once where it should be added several times)
            >
            > Seb
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
            > > Drat.
            > >
            > > Ok, change all the "PRETYPE:MagicalEnhancement" bits to
            > > "PRETYPE:EQMODTYPE=MagicalEnhancement"
            > >
            > > Or download the file I just uploaded. :p
            > >
            > > Barak
            > > ~PCGen BoD
            > > ~OS Silverback

          • Barak
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
              It's done and on the yahoo group file area. Note that Tir is assembling
              the RSRD files and he may be taking the eqmods in a different direction
              when he gets some more time available to work on them.

              What I've done is merely to keep things working in the old style for you
              guys until the official sets are out. :)

              Barak
              ~PCGen BoD
              ~OS Silverback