[BUG]Skill point calculation

  • glddragon35
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2003
      Skill points on level up appear to be being calculated wrong. Tested
      with a class that gives 4 pts/lvl + INT bonus, 12 (+1). Should have
      given 20 skill pts at 1st, gave 24, changed intel to 14 (+2) for 2nd
      level and got 7, should have been 6. Changed to INT to 8 (-1) and got
      4 pts, should have been 3 pts... Function that calculates skill
      points seems to be adding +1 pt to all the totals.. Also tested with
      scores of 0 (-5) and 2 (-4) and got 2 pts for each one, should have
      been 1 pt for each of these intel scores..

      GldDragon35
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2003
        Was it a human? Don't forget they get an extra point per level

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback

      • glddragon35
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29, 2003
          Doh, I need to stop looking at these things when I am half asleep....
          LOL.... <Note to self... stop looking at PCGen after 12am....>

          > Was it a human? Don't forget they get an extra point per level
          >
          > Barak
          > ~PCGen BoD
          > ~OS Silverback

        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2003
            <snip>
            Skill points on level up appear to be being calculated wrong. Tested
            with a class that gives 4 pts/lvl + INT bonus, 12 (+1). Should have
            given 20 skill pts at 1st, gave 24, changed intel to 14 (+2) for 2nd
            level and got 7, should have been 6. Changed to INT to 8 (-1) and got
            4 pts, should have been 3 pts... Function that calculates skill
            points seems to be adding +1 pt to all the totals.. Also tested with
            scores of 0 (-5) and 2 (-4) and got 2 pts for each one, should have
            been 1 pt for each of these intel scores..

            GldDragon35
            </snip>

            Was it a human? They get the extra skill points. I always forget to
            take that into account when I level my characters up :)