RE: [pcgen] PCGen release 31Jan01

  • Edward Downard
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
      awesome!

      when it comes to programming stuff...i am no good. graphics man..that is my
      bag

      Edward Downard
      Digital Media Designer
      http://home.earthlink.net/~edownard

      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
        Well, graphics are definitely NOT mine.
        For those reading this list who are good at graphics, how about a
        couple of suggestions:
        1. if you don't like my PC icon (blue field with yellow PC letters),
        can you do any better in an 8x8 pixel icon?
        2. Maybe you'd be interested in creating character portraits - I
        think at least one charactersheet that's been uploaded refers to a
        pic file of the same name as the character. Maybe I should create a
        Portraits directory - I don't want it to get out of hand space-wise,
        so keep the pics small and smallish in number.

        -Bryan

      • arcady0@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
          > 2. Maybe you'd be interested in creating character portraits - I
          > think at least one charactersheet that's been uploaded refers to a
          > pic file of the same name as the character. Maybe I should create a
          > Portraits directory - I don't want it to get out of hand space-wise,
          > so keep the pics small and smallish in number.

          That would be my CSS character sheet. It takes any 178*178 pixel image
          named character_name.jpg .

          I think a portraits directory is a bad idea.

          images eat space real fast.

          People should provide their own images off of their own hard drives
          for their characters. That shouldn't be your service. Besides most of
          them are likley to be copyright violations (unless they draw them
          themselves like I do) and you don't need to put yourself in that kind
          of risky water.

          As for your icon. I'm a graphic designer and could play around a bit.
          But 8*8 pixel space isn't much. :)
        • Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
            pics would definitly be interesting... but should be a locally generated
            file. Could you provide an empty file, or place holders? that way the pc
            files would look for a pic, find an emply placeholder, and not error unless
            there was a pic.

            Ernie Moulton
            E-Mail Administrator **
            ACS / HQ USAREC
            502 626-1664 FAX 502 626-0994
            mailto:moulton@...

            For those reading this list who are good at graphics, how about a
            couple of suggestions:
            1. if you don't like my PC icon (blue field with yellow PC letters),
            can you do any better in an 8x8 pixel icon?
            2. Maybe you'd be interested in creating character portraits - I
            think at least one charactersheet that's been uploaded refers to a
            pic file of the same name as the character. Maybe I should create a
            Portraits directory - I don't want it to get out of hand space-wise,
            so keep the pics small and smallish in number.

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Edward Downard" <edownard@e...> wrote:
            > awesome!
            >
            > when it comes to programming stuff...i am no good. graphics
            man..that is my
            > bag
            >
            > Edward Downard
            > Digital Media Designer
            > http://home.earthlink.net/~edownard

          • Robert Hilson
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
              i have a plain old geocities site through yahoo and ill host pics. anyone know
              wther we could use the pics off woc sebsite? let me know ill edit my website
              and then wait for pics to put up

              =====
              Robert Hilson
              http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=11428864