Re: Purchase Method still not working

  • rabrhe@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 2, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
      > Let's keep our tongues in check...

      Sorry.

      I just -- something that's different than expected isn't "broken",
      especially when it actually conforms to the rules in the PHB and SWRPG
      better than the proposed "solution".

      With PCGen, generate your abilities (step 1). Then, without marking
      it down on PCGen, you can select your race/species (2) and then class
      (3). Then assign your abilitiy scores (4), and record your species
      and class in PCGen (5).

      Making a request for a new feature is a perfectly fine thing. I
      personally would like to be able to go back and ex-post-facto change
      my abilities, with PCGen accurately counting my purchase-method
      points. But that doesn't make the way that PCGen works wrong. And
      claiming that such a feature request is "basic functionality" that
      should have higher priority than support for actual game rules, and
      that PCGen is an unusable waste of time unless it has this
      secondary-to-the-actual-rules feature . . .
    • rabrhe@yahoo.com
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 2, 2001