PCGEN on the Pocket PC

  • imaginedragons
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 22 10:42 AM
      Greetings, If one has a java compiler is it possible to run pcgen on
      the pocket pC?(tmobile phone edition).

      Anyone try this with perhaps esmertec compiler or something else/
    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 24 8:49 PM
        imaginedragons wrote:

        > Greetings, If one has a java compiler is it possible to run pcgen on
        > the pocket pC?(tmobile phone edition).
        >
        > Anyone try this with perhaps esmertec compiler or something else/

        Kind of a small screen for something like PCGen.
      • Joe Medica
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 30 7:47 AM
          Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think that
          is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
          notes - not running PCGEN.

          Agreed - screen is much too small for something that large.

          Joe

          --- Kevin Brown <kevin_brown@...> wrote:
          > imaginedragons wrote:
          >
          > > Greetings, If one has a java compiler is it possible to run pcgen on
          > > the pocket pC?(tmobile phone edition).
          > >
          > > Anyone try this with perhaps esmertec compiler or something else/
          > >

          > Kind of a small screen for something like PCGen.

          http://shopping.yahoo.com
        • Brass Tilde
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 30 7:49 AM
            > Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think that
            > is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
            > notes - not running PCGEN.

            Check Adobe's website. At last look, I thought I saw a free one there. I
            know they have a free one for Palm OS devices.
          • Hugh Foster
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 30 7:57 AM
              >> Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think that
              >> is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
              >> notes - not running PCGEN.

              Older versions of PC-Gen could produce an RTF file - which will synch
              quite happily and Pocket Word will read. Although the output sheets
              for RTF aren't included any more (can't think why as this was quite
              useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
              will solve your problem.

              --

              Hugh Foster
              hugh@...

              30/09/2003 3:56:00 PM
            • pjak
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 30 2:43 PM
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Foster <hugh@a...> wrote:
                > (can't think why as this was quite
                > useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
                > will solve your problem.

                Actually, that's the reason it's not included. Nobody 'adopted' it
                and kept it updated. I'm sure that if someone were to do that, it'd
                be included (or at least kept here on the yahoo site.)

                /Jonas
              • acedashdog
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
                  OK, I've uploaded the sheet I have to Homebrew Outputsheets, beware
                  there are still some nassstyy error messages when it's run and some
                  odds and sods like # turns and some equipment don't work. But it
                  produces an RTF which Pocket Windows can read (as can Wordsmith for
                  the Palm, yuk yuk!)

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pjak" <pjak@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Foster <hugh@a...> wrote:
                  > > (can't think why as this was quite
                  > > useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
                  > > will solve your problem.
                  >
                  > Actually, that's the reason it's not included. Nobody 'adopted' it
                  > and kept it updated. I'm sure that if someone were to do that, it'd
                  > be included (or at least kept here on the yahoo site.)
                  >
                  > /Jonas
                • Cameron Guill
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
                    Adobe has a reader for the Pocket PC. I use it on my X5. It is called
                    Acrobat Reader 1.0 for the Pocket PC

                    Cameron Guill (Arnix)

                    Alea Publishing Group

                    AleaPublishing.com

                    Co-Author of "A Question of Honor: A Guidebook to Knights"

                    >> Does anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for the Pocket PC? I think
                    that
                    >> is what I would use it for the most - storing character sheets and making
                    >> notes - not running PCGEN.

                    Older versions of PC-Gen could produce an RTF file - which will synch
                    quite happily and Pocket Word will read. Although the output sheets
                    for RTF aren't included any more (can't think why as this was quite
                    useful) if you can get ahold of them and fix the outdated tags this
                    will solve your problem.

                    --

                    Hugh Foster
                    hugh@...
                    http://www.ace-dog.com
                    Back Up My Hard Drive? How do I Put It In Reverse?

                    30/09/2003 3:56:00 PM

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3856299.5103760.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
                    61:HM/A=1754452/R=0/SIG=11tjeu2hk/*http:/www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=601783