Re: House Rule

  • ze_allanon
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
      Well, actually that was my first try however it didn't work because
      the War domain grants you Martial Weapon Prof. whilst the Waraxe is
      an Exotic weapon...

      <slippy_the_clown@c...> wrote:
      > > If all your doing is looking for a way to make it work, just add
      the
      > > nessessary feats and make a note on your character why the feats
      are
      > > there. This way each release does not require you to change data
      > > files. You could also add a custom deity file that has the same
      > > deity with some kind of explanantion as to his/her diff from the
      > > original like "Korg (custom)". Then you can add the nessessary
      code
      > > to that deity and when it comes time to upgrade PDGen you just
      leave
      > > your custom data file. That was always the reason for the custom
      > > data files to begin with.
      > >
      > > I hope some of that made sense.
      > >
      > > Slippy
      > > "Got Human?"
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ze_allanon" <allanon@p...> wrote:
      > > > Can someone help me coding the following house rule by
      minimizing
      > > the
      > > > number of files modified, if possible, I'd like not to modify
      ANY
      > > > campaign file (e.g SRD), just to make it easy to follow the
      > > releases
      > > > without having to modify .lst files every week with each new
      > > release.
      > > >
      > > > My human cleric's God favoured weapon is the Battleaxe, I have
      > > > selected the War and Strength Domain. The War domain grants me
      > > > Martial proficiency and Weapon Focus with my deity's favoured
      > > weapon.
      > > > My almighty DM has accepted to let me use as favoured weapon
      > > > (assuming at least one week training in a temple etc, incl. the
      > > > bonuses) a Waraxe (Dwarven) + 2, after all, it is a axe. The
      > > problem
      > > > is that out-of-the-box pcgen does not grant me the war domain
      > > bonuses
      > > > when I select the battleaxe (on the contrary, I have no
      proficient
      > > > malus:-( ). Please help me.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > >
      > > > Allanon
    • Celtic Shiva
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
        At 09:34 AM 02/09/2003, you wrote:
        >Well, actually that was my first try however it didn't work because
        >the War domain grants you Martial Weapon Prof. whilst the Waraxe is
        >an Exotic weapon...

        That's exactly right. The Dwarven Waraxe is an exotic weapon, however it
        can be used two-handed as if it was a martial weapon. Your cleric would be
        able to use it Two Handed and get Weapon Focus with it, but could not use
        it one handed unless he also took Exotic Weapon Proficiency.

        I don't know how PCGen handles it, but that's the way it works in 3.0 and 3.5
      • Celtic Shiva
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
          At 09:34 AM 02/09/2003, you wrote:
          >Well, actually that was my first try however it didn't work because
          >the War domain grants you Martial Weapon Prof. whilst the Waraxe is
          >an Exotic weapon...

          Sorry for the double post but I just realized something;

          If your character is a Dwarf, then its a martial weapon regardless of the
          handedness (in 3.5 only). I don't think that PCGen currently accounts for
          this however.
        • ze_allanon
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2003
            My character is human and has also a shield, hence cannot use the
            waraxe two-handed.
            I tried also creating a Template with FEAT:Exotic Weapon Proficiency
            (Waraxe (Dwarven)) and FEAT:Weapon Focus (Waraxe (Dwarven)) but I
            still have a problem with the Proficiency: pcgen 3.5 is telling me
            that I'm not proficient, hence counts me the malus.