Re: [Bug] Ranged weapon specialization damage not showing

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
      What OS sheet are you using? I haven't gone to 5.3.6 (using an
      autobuild from last Thursday I think), but I haven't had a problem
      with it displaying the +2 damage in the first 30'. There may be an
      OS that only displays one attack bonus for weapons, and those
      wouldn't show the +2 (because it is conditional on range fired).

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "krazhit" <here@h...> wrote:
      > I just did a little test (After noticing a problem with one of my
      > characters):
      > 5.3.6. with only SRD loaded.
      > Created a fighter w/ Longsword and Longbow.
      > First, I chose the sword focus and specialization chain and got a
      +2
      > bonus on the OS.
      >
      > Then I tried the bow focus and specialization chain and did not
      > recieve any damage bonus on the OS.
      >
      > This would be the offending lst code, should the problem be
      > classified as a Java code or LST bug?
      > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|DAMAGE-SHORTRANGE|2
    • krazhit
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
        No, I am using std.htm, just prior I was wondering to myself why
        combined.htm was showing me wierd tohit and damage numbers :)
        I just tried the xslt pdf sheet, and it gave me the same result.
        Can anyone with 5.3.6. please try this out, before I delve any
        further into it.?

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
        wrote:
        > What OS sheet are you using? I haven't gone to 5.3.6 (using an
        > autobuild from last Thursday I think), but I haven't had a problem
        > with it displaying the +2 damage in the first 30'. There may be an
        > OS that only displays one attack bonus for weapons, and those
        > wouldn't show the +2 (because it is conditional on range fired).
        >
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen Data SB and BoD
        >

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "krazhit" <here@h...> wrote:
        > > I just did a little test (After noticing a problem with one of my
        > > characters):
        > > 5.3.6. with only SRD loaded.
        > > Created a fighter w/ Longsword and Longbow.
        > > First, I chose the sword focus and specialization chain and got a
        > +2
        > > bonus on the OS.
        > >
        > > Then I tried the bow focus and specialization chain and did not
        > > recieve any damage bonus on the OS.
        > >
        > > This would be the offending lst code, should the problem be
        > > classified as a Java code or LST bug?
        > > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|DAMAGE-SHORTRANGE|2
      • Michael Tucker
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
          On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 10:02 AM, krazhit wrote:

          > No, I am using std.htm, just prior I was wondering to myself why
          > combined.htm was showing me wierd tohit and damage numbers :)
          > I just tried the xslt pdf sheet, and it gave me the same result.
          > Can anyone with 5.3.6. please try this out, before I delve any
          > further into it.?

          I also noticed a problem (well, actually, a friend of mine did and
          pointed it out to me). His character, a 4th level Human Fighter, has
          Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization in Longbow (Composite). He has
          an 18 Dexterity (therefore a +4 DEX bonus), an 18 Strength (therefore a
          +4 STR bonus) and a Longbow (+4 Mighty/Composite/Masterwork).

          His attack and damage bonuses for his longbow are all weird on the
          output sheets. We tried exporting to both html
          (csheet_dnd_combined.htm) and pdf (csheet_dnd_std.fo) and saw the same
          results, so I don't think it's an OS-related problem (or else it's a
          problem that suddenly cropped up in both output sheets at the same
          time).

          We're not seeing the expected STR bonus to damage at any range, and the
          other attack and damage bonuses were funky. I don't remember the exact
          numbers (don't have his sheet in front of me), but as I recall the
          damages listed were something like d8+5 out to 30', and d8+2 for every
          range increment after that.

          We've been using 5.1.6, which seems to work well. When we tried to
          upgrade to 5.3.5, we saw this problem. We checked, and it's still there
          in 5.3.6.

          Java Kensai
        • Jayme Cox
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003

            Fixed and checked into CVS for next autobuild and release.

            --Jayme