[Bug] Ranged weapon specialization damage not showing

  • krazhit
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
      I just did a little test (After noticing a problem with one of my
      characters):
      5.3.6. with only SRD loaded.
      Created a fighter w/ Longsword and Longbow.
      First, I chose the sword focus and specialization chain and got a +2
      bonus on the OS.

      Then I tried the bow focus and specialization chain and did not
      recieve any damage bonus on the OS.

      This would be the offending lst code, should the problem be
      classified as a Java code or LST bug?
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|DAMAGE-SHORTRANGE|2
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
        What OS sheet are you using? I haven't gone to 5.3.6 (using an
        autobuild from last Thursday I think), but I haven't had a problem
        with it displaying the +2 damage in the first 30'. There may be an
        OS that only displays one attack bonus for weapons, and those
        wouldn't show the +2 (because it is conditional on range fired).

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
          No, I am using std.htm, just prior I was wondering to myself why
          combined.htm was showing me wierd tohit and damage numbers :)
          I just tried the xslt pdf sheet, and it gave me the same result.
          Can anyone with 5.3.6. please try this out, before I delve any
          further into it.?

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
          wrote:
          > What OS sheet are you using? I haven't gone to 5.3.6 (using an
          > autobuild from last Thursday I think), but I haven't had a problem
          > with it displaying the +2 damage in the first 30'. There may be an
          > OS that only displays one attack bonus for weapons, and those
          > wouldn't show the +2 (because it is conditional on range fired).
          >
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen Data SB and BoD
          >

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "krazhit" <here@h...> wrote:
          > > I just did a little test (After noticing a problem with one of my
          > > characters):
          > > 5.3.6. with only SRD loaded.
          > > Created a fighter w/ Longsword and Longbow.
          > > First, I chose the sword focus and specialization chain and got a
          > +2
          > > bonus on the OS.
          > >
          > > Then I tried the bow focus and specialization chain and did not
          > > recieve any damage bonus on the OS.
          > >
          > > This would be the offending lst code, should the problem be
          > > classified as a Java code or LST bug?
          > > BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|DAMAGE-SHORTRANGE|2
        • Michael Tucker
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
            On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 10:02 AM, krazhit wrote:

            > No, I am using std.htm, just prior I was wondering to myself why
            > combined.htm was showing me wierd tohit and damage numbers :)
            > I just tried the xslt pdf sheet, and it gave me the same result.
            > Can anyone with 5.3.6. please try this out, before I delve any
            > further into it.?

            I also noticed a problem (well, actually, a friend of mine did and
            pointed it out to me). His character, a 4th level Human Fighter, has
            Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization in Longbow (Composite). He has
            an 18 Dexterity (therefore a +4 DEX bonus), an 18 Strength (therefore a
            +4 STR bonus) and a Longbow (+4 Mighty/Composite/Masterwork).

            His attack and damage bonuses for his longbow are all weird on the
            output sheets. We tried exporting to both html
            (csheet_dnd_combined.htm) and pdf (csheet_dnd_std.fo) and saw the same
            results, so I don't think it's an OS-related problem (or else it's a
            problem that suddenly cropped up in both output sheets at the same
            time).

            We're not seeing the expected STR bonus to damage at any range, and the
            other attack and damage bonuses were funky. I don't remember the exact
            numbers (don't have his sheet in front of me), but as I recall the
            damages listed were something like d8+5 out to 30', and d8+2 for every
            range increment after that.

            We've been using 5.1.6, which seems to work well. When we tried to
            upgrade to 5.3.5, we saw this problem. We checked, and it's still there
            in 5.3.6.

            Java Kensai
          • Jayme Cox
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003

              Fixed and checked into CVS for next autobuild and release.

              --Jayme