[Bug] Skills Tab Disappearing

  • Steven Gilroy
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
      Ok, I have some home brew sources, I load them on my Linux box and all
      is good. I load them on my wife's Windows 98 or my friends Windows XP
      (exact same version of PCGen, just different Operating System) and the
      Skills tab is blank. If I play around with loading and unloading
      sources I can eventually get the Skills tab to show normally but to do
      this I have to load PCGen with just the SRD, close PCGen, load the SRD
      again, then load the home brew files.

      --

      Steven Gilroy
      PCGen OS Lemur
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
        Here is what I get on the console:

        java.util.NoSuchElementException
        at pcgen.core.utils.EmptyIterator.next(EmptyIterator.java:48)
        at pcgen.core.Skill.getSubtypeIterator(Skill.java:314)
        at
        pcgen.gui.InfoSkillsSorters$GenericSubtypeName_Final.nodeGoHere(InfoSkillsSorters.java:150)
        at
        pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills$SkillModel.populateNode(InfoSkills.java:2200)
        at
        pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills$SkillModel.createRootNode(InfoSkills.java:2243)
        at
        pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills$SkillModel.createRootNode(InfoSkills.java:2249)
        at
        pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills$SkillModel.initRoot(InfoSkills.java:2257)
        at
        pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills$SkillModel.resetModel(InfoSkills.java:2279)
        at
        pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills$SkillModel.<init>(InfoSkills.java:2046)
        at
        pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills$SkillModel.<init>(InfoSkills.java:2029)
        at
        pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills.createAvailableModel(InfoSkills.java:1818)
        at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills.createModels(InfoSkills.java:1810)
        at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills.initComponents(InfoSkills.java:755)
        at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills.access$1900(InfoSkills.java:126)
        at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills$2.run(InfoSkills.java:701)
        at
        pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2541)
        at
        java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
        Source)

        Steven Gilroy wrote:
        > Ok, I have some home brew sources, I load them on my Linux box and all
        > is good. I load them on my wife's Windows 98 or my friends Windows XP
        > (exact same version of PCGen, just different Operating System) and the
        > Skills tab is blank. If I play around with loading and unloading
        > sources I can eventually get the Skills tab to show normally but to do
        > this I have to load PCGen with just the SRD, close PCGen, load the SRD
        > again, then load the home brew files.

        --

        Steven Gilroy
        PCGen OS Lemur
      • Jayme Cox
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
          Steven Gilroy wrote:
          > Here is what I get on the console:
          >
          > java.util.NoSuchElementException
          > at pcgen.core.utils.EmptyIterator.next(EmptyIterator.java:48)
          > at pcgen.core.Skill.getSubtypeIterator(Skill.java:314)

          Fixed and checked into CVS for next autobuild and release.

          --Jayme
        • Steven Gilroy
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
            Confirmed, that fixed it.

            Jayme Cox wrote:
            > Steven Gilroy wrote:
            >
            >>Here is what I get on the console:
            >>
            >>java.util.NoSuchElementException
            >> at pcgen.core.utils.EmptyIterator.next(EmptyIterator.java:48)
            >> at pcgen.core.Skill.getSubtypeIterator(Skill.java:314)
            >

            > Fixed and checked into CVS for next autobuild and release.
            >
            > --Jayme

            Steven Gilroy
            PCGen OS Lemur
          • Steven Gilroy
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
              I spoke to soon...The skills tab is no longer blank, but I am unable to
              actually add any skills. I get the following when I try to add skills:

              In InfoSummary.statTableMouseClicked the column 3 is not handled.
              java.util.NoSuchElementException
              at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.core.Skill.modRanks2(Skill.java:849)
              at pcgen.core.Skill.modRanks(Skill.java:822)
              at pcgen.core.Skill.modRanks(Skill.java:721)
              at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills.modRank(InfoSkills.java:1689)
              at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills.addSkill(InfoSkills.java:1734)
              at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills.access$300(InfoSkills.java:126)
              at
              pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSkills$SkillPopupMenu$AddSkillActionListener.actionPerformed(InfoSkills.java:306)
              at
              javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
              Source)
              at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
              at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
              at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
              at
              javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Unknown
              Source)
              at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

              --

              Steven Gilroy
              PCGen OS Lemur
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003