Re: [pcgen] OT: Virus

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
      Graeme Adamson wrote:
      > Monday, September 1, 2003, 4:05:16 PM, Celtic (celticshiva@...) wrote:
      >

      >>Ooh 6 replies all saying the same thing, thanks for clarifying
      >>though, was only trying to point it out in case it hadn't been
      >>noticed etc.
      >

      >>I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters
      >>checking the body for please see the at*tached file for det*ails'
      >>etc.
      >

      > Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
      > have deleted your message... :)

      Yup. never saw it. But then, those of us with that filter don't need to
      know how to filter it all ;)

      --
      Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
      GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003

        >Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
        >have deleted your message... :)

        True, but that's ok.
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
          This is a fun thing to see from web-access at work. :p

          My computer is off, and 'I' sent another email....

          I run Norton AV, have it full scan my computer every day (takes
          around 35 min.) Last time it ever found a virus somewhere was last
          Dec. I was checking old 1.44 floppies for old family photos, and I
          forgot to scan them.. I corrected that shortly in preferences.
          Since this virus wave started, I've switched NAV to just delete
          offending files, instead of putting them in quarantine.

          There have been times when I thought I had one, and later found a
          corrupted FAT file, dying CPU fan (that was a fun one to figure
          out)....

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen Data SB and BoD