Re: [pcgen] OT: Virus

  • Graeme Adamson
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
      Monday, September 1, 2003, 4:05:16 PM, Celtic (celticshiva@...) wrote:

      > Ooh 6 replies all saying the same thing, thanks for clarifying
      > though, was only trying to point it out in case it hadn't been
      > noticed etc.

      > I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters
      > checking the body for please see the at*tached file for det*ails'
      > etc.

      Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
      have deleted your message... :)

      Graeme

      --
      "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever." -
      Anon
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003

        Hehe, that happens when you read in unthreaded mode and reply in receipt
        order. :p

        > I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters checking
        > the body for please see the attached file for details' etc.

        That's done the trick for me too.

        Barak
      • Emily Smirle
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
          Graeme Adamson wrote:
          > Monday, September 1, 2003, 4:05:16 PM, Celtic (celticshiva@...) wrote:
          >

          >>Ooh 6 replies all saying the same thing, thanks for clarifying
          >>though, was only trying to point it out in case it hadn't been
          >>noticed etc.
          >

          >>I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters
          >>checking the body for please see the at*tached file for det*ails'
          >>etc.
          >

          > Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
          > have deleted your message... :)

          Yup. never saw it. But then, those of us with that filter don't need to
          know how to filter it all ;)

          --
          Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
          GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003

            >Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
            >have deleted your message... :)

            True, but that's ok.
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
              This is a fun thing to see from web-access at work. :p

              My computer is off, and 'I' sent another email....

              I run Norton AV, have it full scan my computer every day (takes
              around 35 min.) Last time it ever found a virus somewhere was last
              Dec. I was checking old 1.44 floppies for old family photos, and I
              forgot to scan them.. I corrected that shortly in preferences.
              Since this virus wave started, I've switched NAV to just delete
              offending files, instead of putting them in quarantine.

              There have been times when I thought I had one, and later found a
              corrupted FAT file, dying CPU fan (that was a fun one to figure
              out)....

              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen Data SB and BoD