Re: [OT] Virus Solutions RE: [pcgen] Re: RSRD V12 (Fighter)

  • Graeme Adamson
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
      Monday, September 1, 2003, 2:56:40 PM, Frugal (frugal@...) wrote:

      > Funnily enough the _only_ place I have been getting these virus
      > messages is the PCGen maililng list. None of the other lists I am on
      > have been hit, nor have _any_ of my personal addresses... Strange. I
      > guess I am not in too many peoples address book.

      I find that odd too - the only place I get it is on the PCGen list. No
      a problem for me, apart from a very minor annoyance, as I have
      Mailwasher set up with an appropriate filter.

      Graeme

      --
      Opinions? No, I don't have any. Everything I say is *fact*!
    • Celtic Shiva
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003

        >SoBig falsifies E-mail address headers. Tir (probably) isn't actually
        >sending the messages. The message just look like he's sending them.

        Ooh 6 replies all saying the same thing, thanks for clarifying though, was
        only trying to point it out in case it hadn't been noticed etc.

        I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters checking
        the body for please see the attached file for details' etc.
      • Graeme Adamson
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
          Monday, September 1, 2003, 4:05:16 PM, Celtic (celticshiva@...) wrote:

          > Ooh 6 replies all saying the same thing, thanks for clarifying
          > though, was only trying to point it out in case it hadn't been
          > noticed etc.

          > I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters
          > checking the body for please see the at*tached file for det*ails'
          > etc.

          Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
          have deleted your message... :)

          Graeme

          --
          "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever." -
          Anon
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003

            Hehe, that happens when you read in unthreaded mode and reply in receipt
            order. :p

            > I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters checking
            > the body for please see the attached file for details' etc.

            That's done the trick for me too.

            Barak
          • Emily Smirle
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
              Graeme Adamson wrote:
              > Monday, September 1, 2003, 4:05:16 PM, Celtic (celticshiva@...) wrote:
              >

              >>Ooh 6 replies all saying the same thing, thanks for clarifying
              >>though, was only trying to point it out in case it hadn't been
              >>noticed etc.
              >

              >>I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters
              >>checking the body for please see the at*tached file for det*ails'
              >>etc.
              >

              > Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
              > have deleted your message... :)

              Yup. never saw it. But then, those of us with that filter don't need to
              know how to filter it all ;)

              --
              Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
              GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003

                >Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
                >have deleted your message... :)

                True, but that's ok.
              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
                  This is a fun thing to see from web-access at work. :p

                  My computer is off, and 'I' sent another email....

                  I run Norton AV, have it full scan my computer every day (takes
                  around 35 min.) Last time it ever found a virus somewhere was last
                  Dec. I was checking old 1.44 floppies for old family photos, and I
                  forgot to scan them.. I corrected that shortly in preferences.
                  Since this virus wave started, I've switched NAV to just delete
                  offending files, instead of putting them in quarantine.

                  There have been times when I thought I had one, and later found a
                  corrupted FAT file, dying CPU fan (that was a fun one to figure
                  out)....

                  Tir Gwaith
                  PCGen Data SB and BoD