RSRD V12

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 30, 2003
      Good News, Bad News....

      Good News: V12 is out. (see the same place where V11 is.) Oh,
      yeah, it now has the core races thanks to Reed Thornton. :) Sneak
      Attack should work correctly (it did as of Wed, I haven't checked
      lately.)

      Bad News: I'm not sure it is much better than V11. :( I've cleaned
      up a lot, but I'm not sure if I've broken anything in the cleanup of
      featshidden. I don't _think_ I have, but that doesn't mean
      anything. I do know that a lot of variables that weren't counting
      in V11 are now counting (adjustments from CL to CL=<classname> can
      work wonders. :p) Please point out anything that has slipped
      through the cracks in my cleanup.

      Featshidden is now featshidden and featshidden2. Anything in
      featshidden2 I _have NOT_ touched. Please feel free submit clean
      ups to those. Planning on getting to those as I do a walk through
      of the classes, and move them into featshidden as they get
      finalized...

      I'm changing my plan of attack. I've done the basic 'core'
      abilities shared by a lot of classes, so now I'm going to go class
      by class and get them working, adding/modifying featshidden as
      needed. Barbarian is there except Rage (my next step). Then I move
      on to Bard, etc. I'll write the Monk when I get to the M's in
      clasesbase.lst. :)

      I've spent a good deal of time setting up what I want to think of
      as 'the basics' that a lot of classes are going to use. Lay the
      foundation, the build upon it. I'm just not sure if I've forgotten
      something needed with that switch. I've got a lot of things on my
      plate, so I tend to forget things as of late.

      I am going to need to sit down with a TM and get some Code Trackers
      set up for some of the issues that are going to require code
      changes...

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD
    • monch9ph
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 30, 2003
        Tir (or whoever is doing the classes)

        For the fighter, the Tags to the Greater Weapon Focus, and Greater
        Weapon Specialization were not define. Just add as below.

        8 -> DEFINE:GreatWeapFocusQualify|1 -> ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter)
        12 -> DEFINE:GreatWeapSpecQualify|1 -> ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter)

        Monch

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
        wrote:
        > Good News, Bad News....
        >
        > Good News: V12 is out. (see the same place where V11 is.) Oh,
        > yeah, it now has the core races thanks to Reed Thornton. :) Sneak
        > Attack should work correctly (it did as of Wed, I haven't checked
        > lately.)
        >
        > Bad News: I'm not sure it is much better than V11. :( I've cleaned
        > up a lot, but I'm not sure if I've broken anything in the cleanup
        of
        > featshidden. I don't _think_ I have, but that doesn't mean
        > anything. I do know that a lot of variables that weren't counting
        > in V11 are now counting (adjustments from CL to CL=<classname> can
        > work wonders. :p) Please point out anything that has slipped
        > through the cracks in my cleanup.
        >
        > Featshidden is now featshidden and featshidden2. Anything in
        > featshidden2 I _have NOT_ touched. Please feel free submit clean
        > ups to those. Planning on getting to those as I do a walk through
        > of the classes, and move them into featshidden as they get
        > finalized...
        >
        > I'm changing my plan of attack. I've done the basic 'core'
        > abilities shared by a lot of classes, so now I'm going to go class
        > by class and get them working, adding/modifying featshidden as
        > needed. Barbarian is there except Rage (my next step). Then I
        move
        > on to Bard, etc. I'll write the Monk when I get to the M's in
        > clasesbase.lst. :)
        >
        > I've spent a good deal of time setting up what I want to think of
        > as 'the basics' that a lot of classes are going to use. Lay the
        > foundation, the build upon it. I'm just not sure if I've forgotten
        > something needed with that switch. I've got a lot of things on my
        > plate, so I tend to forget things as of late.
        >
        > I am going to need to sit down with a TM and get some Code Trackers
        > set up for some of the issues that are going to require code
        > changes...
        >
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen Data SB and BoD
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 30, 2003
          Ok. done. Thanks. Since it is a simple change, and I want to get things
          rolling here more, I've gone ahead and released V13 with just that change.
          :)

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen Data SB and BoD

          > Tir (or whoever is doing the classes)
          >
          > For the fighter, the Tags to the Greater Weapon Focus, and Greater
          > Weapon Specialization were not define. Just add as below.
          >
          > 8 -> DEFINE:GreatWeapFocusQualify|1 -> ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter)
          > 12 -> DEFINE:GreatWeapSpecQualify|1 -> ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter)
          >
          > Monch
        • Celtic Shiva
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 31, 2003
            At 11:13 AM 30/08/2003, you wrote:
            >Ok. done. Thanks. Since it is a simple change, and I want to get things
            >rolling here more, I've gone ahead and released V13 with just that change.
            >:)
            >
            >Tir Gwaith
            >PCGen Data SB and BoD

            Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but your email address (among
            others) is generating a lot of 'virus spam' messages. to this list. Since
            you are involved in the PCGEN project I'm a little worried that the virus
            you may have is unchecked and may pass into future versions of PCGen.
          • Anestis Kozakis
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 31, 2003
              Celtic Shiva <celticshiva@...> said:

              > At 11:13 AM 30/08/2003, you wrote:
              > >Ok. done. Thanks. Since it is a simple change, and I want to get things
              > >rolling here more, I've gone ahead and released V13 with just that change.
              > >:)
              > >
              > >Tir Gwaith
              > >PCGen Data SB and BoD
              >
              > Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but your email address (among
              > others) is generating a lot of 'virus spam' messages. to this list. Since
              > you are involved in the PCGEN project I'm a little worried that the virus
              > you may have is unchecked and may pass into future versions of PCGen.

              Tir's computer is not infected by a virus.

              Someone on the list has a virus, and the virus spoofs (forges) the from
              address to a random one that is in the persons address book.

              Anestis.
            • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 31, 2003
                OK lets clear this up 8-)

                1.) The virus is not coming from Tir it is masquerading as him (look @
                the headers of the mail properly).

                2.) The virus attacks MS Email clients, its not something that can
                remotely hurt PCGEN (apart from pissing off this mailing list).

                Karianna

                Moderator

                >Ok. done. Thanks. Since it is a simple change, and I want to get things
                >rolling here more, I've gone ahead and released V13 with just that change.
                >:)
                >
                >Tir Gwaith
                >PCGen Data SB and BoD

                Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but your email address (among
                others) is generating a lot of 'virus spam' messages. to this list. Since
                you are involved in the PCGEN project I'm a little worried that the virus
                you may have is unchecked and may pass into future versions of PCGen.

              • Brad Franks
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 31, 2003
                  Tir's not infected, some else is. This particular virus uses email addresses
                  from the infected persons address book and puts them in the "From:" field.

                  http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.f@...

                  For the most part if your name is in the From field you can be assured that
                  you are *not* the person who sent it.

                  Brad Franks
                  PCGen TM Lemur
                  PCGen DOC Lemur

                  >Ok. done. Thanks. Since it is a simple change, and I want to get things
                  >rolling here more, I've gone ahead and released V13 with just that change.
                  >:)
                  >
                  >Tir Gwaith
                  >PCGen Data SB and BoD

                  Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but your email address (among
                  others) is generating a lot of 'virus spam' messages. to this list. Since
                  you are involved in the PCGEN project I'm a little worried that the virus
                  you may have is unchecked and may pass into future versions of PCGen.

                • Joel N. Fischoff
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 31, 2003
                    >>Tir Gwaith
                    >>PCGen Data SB and BoD
                    >
                    > Not sure if you're aware of this or not, but your email address (among
                    > others) is generating a lot of 'virus spam' messages. to this list. Since
                    > you are involved in the PCGEN project I'm a little worried that the virus
                    > you may have is unchecked and may pass into future versions of PCGen.

                    SoBig falsifies E-mail address headers. Tir (probably) isn't actually
                    sending the messages. The message just look like he's sending them.

                    Joel
                  • Barak
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
                      Well, it has filled up my (20Mb) inbox 4 times and caused mail to bounce
                      too... :p

                      But no direct effect on PCGen. :)

                      Barak
                      ~PCGen BoD
                      ~OS Silverback

                    • frugal@purplewombat.co.uk
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
                        <quote who="Barak">
                        > Well, it has filled up my (20Mb) inbox 4 times and caused mail to bounce
                        > too... :p

                        Have you tried to use procmail ? Send anything with the matching headers
                        straight to /dev/null...

                        Funnily enough the _only_ place I have been getting these virus messages
                        is the PCGen maililng list. None of the other lists I am on have been hit,
                        nor have _any_ of my personal addresses... Strange. I guess I am not in
                        too many peoples address book.

                        --
                        regards,
                        Frugal
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
                          Monday, September 1, 2003, 2:56:40 PM, Frugal (frugal@...) wrote:

                          > Funnily enough the _only_ place I have been getting these virus
                          > messages is the PCGen maililng list. None of the other lists I am on
                          > have been hit, nor have _any_ of my personal addresses... Strange. I
                          > guess I am not in too many peoples address book.

                          I find that odd too - the only place I get it is on the PCGen list. No
                          a problem for me, apart from a very minor annoyance, as I have
                          Mailwasher set up with an appropriate filter.

                          Graeme

                          --
                          Opinions? No, I don't have any. Everything I say is *fact*!
                        • Celtic Shiva
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003

                            >SoBig falsifies E-mail address headers. Tir (probably) isn't actually
                            >sending the messages. The message just look like he's sending them.

                            Ooh 6 replies all saying the same thing, thanks for clarifying though, was
                            only trying to point it out in case it hadn't been noticed etc.

                            I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters checking
                            the body for please see the attached file for details' etc.
                          • Graeme Adamson
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
                              Monday, September 1, 2003, 4:05:16 PM, Celtic (celticshiva@...) wrote:

                              > Ooh 6 replies all saying the same thing, thanks for clarifying
                              > though, was only trying to point it out in case it hadn't been
                              > noticed etc.

                              > I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters
                              > checking the body for please see the at*tached file for det*ails'
                              > etc.

                              Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
                              have deleted your message... :)

                              Graeme

                              --
                              "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever." -
                              Anon
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003

                                Hehe, that happens when you read in unthreaded mode and reply in receipt
                                order. :p

                                > I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters checking
                                > the body for please see the attached file for details' etc.

                                That's done the trick for me too.

                                Barak
                              • Emily Smirle
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
                                  Graeme Adamson wrote:
                                  > Monday, September 1, 2003, 4:05:16 PM, Celtic (celticshiva@...) wrote:
                                  >

                                  >>Ooh 6 replies all saying the same thing, thanks for clarifying
                                  >>though, was only trying to point it out in case it hadn't been
                                  >>noticed etc.
                                  >

                                  >>I took the advice of another poster on this list and put filters
                                  >>checking the body for please see the at*tached file for det*ails'
                                  >>etc.
                                  >

                                  > Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
                                  > have deleted your message... :)

                                  Yup. never saw it. But then, those of us with that filter don't need to
                                  know how to filter it all ;)

                                  --
                                  Emily Smirle (jerril) Beware, for my Axe
                                  GMGen Princess will cut you off at the knees.
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003

                                    >Note that by you including that phrase, anyone with that filter would
                                    >have deleted your message... :)

                                    True, but that's ok.
                                  • Tir Gwaith
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
                                      This is a fun thing to see from web-access at work. :p

                                      My computer is off, and 'I' sent another email....

                                      I run Norton AV, have it full scan my computer every day (takes
                                      around 35 min.) Last time it ever found a virus somewhere was last
                                      Dec. I was checking old 1.44 floppies for old family photos, and I
                                      forgot to scan them.. I corrected that shortly in preferences.
                                      Since this virus wave started, I've switched NAV to just delete
                                      offending files, instead of putting them in quarantine.

                                      There have been times when I thought I had one, and later found a
                                      corrupted FAT file, dying CPU fan (that was a fun one to figure
                                      out)....