working copy of 3.5 srd

  • jrajiva
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
      Hi,

      I was told by someone at CMP that you guys might have a working copy of the
      upcoming 3.5 SRD. Is that true, and if so, where can I get it?

      Cheers
    • David
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
        If you mean the 3.5E SRD (ie. RSRD) itself, it has been posted on the
        Wizards site for some time.

        If you mean, PCGen datasets, they are in the files section, campagin
        + central, inwork projects, rsrd.

        If you mean for eTools, please go to www.codemonkeypublishing.com and
        ask there, but I believe the eTools datasets aren't due out till
        November.

        -- david (aka Papa-DRB)
        Docs/OS Tracker Monkey

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jrajiva" <jrajiva@y...> wrote:
        > I was told by someone at CMP that you guys might have a working
        copy of the
        > upcoming 3.5 SRD. Is that true, and if so, where can I get it?
      • Vance
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
          Just a reminder. This is a "work in progress" and is not completed at this
          time.
          VR

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
            Thank you. Yes, I meant the PCGen datasets. I downloaded the RSRD but I kept geting
            this weird popup asking to choose a number for masterwork when I tried to load the
            RSRD on its own. Is it only supposed to be used with the existing 3.0 stuff in PCGen?

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
              I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but let us see if this fixes your
              problem.

              1) download the rsv11.zip file
              2) unzip it to the pcgen\data\d20ogl directory. That should create a
              "srd35" sub directory
              3) startup pcgen
              4) unload and remove all other sources
              5) under wotc / revised, load the rsrd

              If after this you still have the problem, let me know and I'll see what
              I can do. I currently am running a 8/28/2003 5.6 alpha build and
              everything is fine. If you do have the problem, let me know your OS, and
              PCGen level,

              -- david (aka Papa-DRB)
              Docs/OS Tracker Monkey

              > Thank you. Yes, I meant the PCGen datasets. I downloaded the
              > RSRD but I kept geting
              > this weird popup asking to choose a number for masterwork
              > when I tried to load the
              > RSRD on its own. Is it only supposed to be used with the
              > existing 3.0 stuff in PCGen?
            • Luvs2Game
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
                I had the same issue. I loaded only the RSRD and got the pop up
                window asking me to choose the plus for Masterwork items. The window
                would not go away. I tried choosing all the choices available but the
                window persisted.

                I am running Win XP Java 1.4.1_04 and the latest version, 5.3.6 of
                PCGen.

                So I guess it's a bug or I did something wrong. Do any other books
                need to be loaded with the RSRD?

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
                  Hmmm.. I'm running it on two systems, my home machine is Win98SE, with
                  Java 1.4.1_02, and an hours old alpha from Plambert.

                  My work Thinkpad is XP Pro, also Java 1.4.1_02, and also an hours old
                  alpha from Plambert.

                  *Neither* of my machines has a problem like you describe, with *just*
                  the RSRD loaded. Can create characters (some have errors because of LST
                  problems, but the RSRD is still work-in-progress).

                  I have seen posts in the past where people have had problems with
                  leading (bleeding?) edge Java builds, and backing off to 1_02 (or
                  earlier) has solved the problem.

                  I would, first, goto http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/ and download
                  pcgen-simple.zip and try that, and if that doesn't clear up the problem,
                  backoff Java to 1.4.1_02 which you should be able to get from the the
                  Sun site (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html)

                  -- david (aka Papa-DRB)
                  Docs/OS Tracker Monkey

                  > I had the same issue. I loaded only the RSRD and got the pop up
                  > window asking me to choose the plus for Masterwork items. The window
                  > would not go away. I tried choosing all the choices available but the
                  > window persisted.
                  >
                  > I am running Win XP Java 1.4.1_04 and the latest version, 5.3.6 of
                  > PCGen.
                • rthornton13
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 29, 2003
                    Check to see if you have autogeneration of masterwork and/or magic
                    items enable from the Preferences-PCGen-Equipment. The RSRD
                    masterwork token has a choose in it for creating magic items... I
                    don't think that it plays well with item autogeneration.

                    Hope that helps

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Luvs2Game" <midnightstarac@e...> wrote:
                    > I had the same issue. I loaded only the RSRD and got the pop up
                    > window asking me to choose the plus for Masterwork items. The
                    window
                    > would not go away. I tried choosing all the choices available but
                    the
                    > window persisted.
                  • jrajiva
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 29, 2003
                      Glad to see I wasn't going crazy. This happened when I'd deloaded the 3.0 stuff which
                      was set to autoload on startup as per my prefs. So I deloaded everything, tried
                      reloading only the RSRD, and got that weird eternal popup, which necessitated a
                      force-quit. I restarted my machine, relaunched PCGen, loaded only the RSRD, and
                      have not encountered the popup since then.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 29, 2003
                        Yep that took care of it. As soon as I unchecked those boxes
                        everything loaded correctly. Thank you.