[ADV] D20books, D&D Miniatures Special

  • Jeff at D20 Books and More
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2003
      I know I said I would cool these messages off for a while, but THESE are
      just too hot to keep them quiet from all the activity I'm getting on them
      already.

      As many of you already know, Wizards of the Coast is putting out collectible
      D&D Miniatures. These are completely randomized and you don't know what
      you're getting until you open the package.

      http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ms/20030606a

      In the first run, there are 80 different miniatures. 27 Rare, 33 Uncommon,
      and 20 Common.

      These miniatures come two ways.

      The Entry Pack will consist of 16 miniatures, 1 d20, basic rulebook,
      collection checklist, and a terrain map. Of the 16 miniatures, 1 is Rare, 5
      are Uncommon, and 10 are Common. MSRP $19.95

      The Expansion Pack will consist of 8 miniatures. Of the eight, 1 is Rare, 3
      are Uncommon, and 4 are Common. MSRP $9.95

      Every miniature comes with a double sided D20 Stat card.

      With the 20% off discount for PCGen, these miniatures come down to $16 for
      an Entry Pack and $8 for an Expansion, or roughly $1 each.

      ** There is a special bundle as well. Get FOUR Entry Packs and EIGHT
      Expansion Packs for 25% off. These come with a store stand display. (MSRP
      of $160 down to $120.)

      Because these are completely randomized and some people are looking for
      particular sets, I'm going to set up a trading forum on Yahoo Groups at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DnD-Mini-Trader/ so people can trade amongst
      themselves.

      The deadline for pre-ordering the 25% off bundle is SEPTEMBER 5th, 2003, at
      the close of business at 5pm, Central US Daylight Savings.

      There is no published street date from WotC. The ship date is the day they
      arrive to me. My best guess on their street date is September 12th, which
      is the day the D20 Modern Menace Manual is supposed to be out. WotC has a
      tendency to release everything on the same day.

      Unlike other deadlines, this one I must strictly adhere to because of the
      demand expected for these miniatures.

      For more discussion on this, please visit my Yahoo Group at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/D20books/

      Jeff Pawlowski
      http://www.d20books.com

      Here is the Miniatures list:

      Lawful Good
      1 Cleric of Order U
      2 Cleric of Yondalla U
      3 Dwarf Axefighter C
      4 Ember, Human Monk U
      5 Evoker's Apprentice U
      6 Halfling Veteran U
      7 Hound Archon R
      8 Human Commoner C
      9 Large Earth Elemental R
      10 Man-at-arms C
      11 Sun Soul Initiate U
      12 Sword of Heironeous R
      13 Tordek, Dwarf Fighter U

      Lawful Good/ Chaotic Good
      14 Jozan, Cleric of Pelor U

      Chaotic Good
      15 Arcane Archer R
      16 Axe Sister U
      17 Centaur R
      18 Cleric of Corellon Larethian R
      19 Crested Felldrake C
      20 Devis, Half-Elf Bard U
      21 Elf Archer C
      22 Elf Pyromancer R
      23 Elf Ranger U
      24 Gnome Recruit C
      25 Human Wanderer U
      26 Krusk, Half-Orc Barbarian U
      27 Lidda, Halfing Rogue U
      28 Nibin, Gnome Illusionist U
      29 Vadania, Half-Elf Druid R
      30 Wild Elf Barbarian U
      31 Wood Elf Skirmisher U

      Lawful Good / Lawful Evil
      32 Azer Raider U
      33 Half-Orc Monk U

      Any
      34 Dire Boar R
      35 Lizardfolk U
      36 Shambling Mound R
      37 Wolf C

      Chaotic Good / Chaotic Evil
      38 Thri-Kreen Ranger R

      Lawful Evil
      39 Barghest R
      40 Bearded Devil R
      41 Displacer Beast R
      42 Goblin Sneak C
      43 Half-Orc Fighter C
      44 Hell Hound C
      45 Human Blackguard R
      46 Human Executioner U
      47 Human Thug U
      48 Kobold Warrior C
      49 Medusa R
      50 Mind Flayer R
      51 Mummy R
      52 Wight U
      53 Wraith R

      Lawful Evil / Chaotic Evil
      54 Owlbear R
      55 Skeleton C
      56 Troglodyte Zombie U
      57 Wolf Skeleton C
      58 Zombie C

      Chaotic Evil
      59 Cleric of Gruumsh R
      60 Drow Archer U
      61 Drow Cleric of Lolth R
      62 Drow Fighter U
      63 Ghoul C
      64 Gnoll U
      65 Half-Orc Assassin U
      66 Human Bandit C
      67 Hyena C
      68 Kou-Toa C
      69 Large Fire Elemental R
      70 Minotaur R
      71 Ogre R
      72 Orc Archer U
      73 Orc Berserker U
      74 Orc Spearfighter C
      75 Orc Warrior C
      76 Tiefling Captain U
      77 Troll R
      78 Umber Hulk R
      79 Werewolf U
      80 Worg U
    • Jeff at D20 Books and More
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2003
        As a result of this news, the new FINAL deadline for getting your pre-orders
        in is on 9/19/03.

        --
        Jeff Pawlowski

        http://www.d20books.com

        on 8/28/03 3:39 PM, Jeff at D20 Books and More at orders@... wrote:

        > From an Employee at WotC, repost from Wizards Forums:
        >
        > For reasons probably already mentioned in this thread, WotC doesn't do
        > release dates , but rather release weeks .
        >
        > The release week for both the D&D Miniatures Starter Set and the Harbinger
        > Expansion Set is the week starting 9/29/2003.
        >
        > Yes, we have to wait a month more to get the minis. Yes, I am just as
        > annoyed as you are about it.
        >
        > I suppose I could start screaming:
        >
        > THOSE ROTTEN @#$@&& AT $#!!@# WOTC!!!! HOW DARE THEY MAKE ME WAIT EVEN
        > *#!!$^% LONGER FOR ME TO BE ABLE TO DUMP A &!@@#$! FORTUNE ON THEIR NEW
        > MINIS LINE!!!
        >
        > But, then again, I'm an employee. So maybe I shouldn't.
        >
        > on 8/27/03 9:39 PM, Jeff at D20 Books and More at orders@... wrote:
        >>
        >> With the 20% off discount for PCGen, these miniatures come down to $16 for
        >> an Entry Pack and $8 for an Expansion, or roughly $1 each.
        >>
        >> ** There is a special bundle as well. Get FOUR Entry Packs and EIGHT
        >> Expansion Packs for 25% off. These come with a store stand display. (MSRP
        >> of $160 down to $120.)

      • D20 Books and More
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2003
          Man. Due to popular demand (this could be bigger than 3.5!), I've created a faster
          and easier method of getting your Dungeons and Dragons Miniatures bundles.

          http://www.d20books.com/monthly_specials.shtml

          Details at that webpage or on the D20books Yahoo Group at http://