[FEATURE REQUEST] spell resistance

  • Robert Ward
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2001
      Was wondering if it would be possible to put in support for the SR of
      certain races. I know there are places for it on most of the
      character sheets, but at least as far as Ihave noticed so far, the
      main code does not allow for it. If this is already planned, great!
      Honestly I figured it would/will be supported at the same time as
      monster templates are supported, or damage resistance that was
      mentioned earlier, since not many PC races (or classes) actually have
      SR. Anyway, just an idea. Thanks for your time.

      -Robert
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2001
        This could be done now via DEFINE:SR|10 (or whatever) and then to the
        charactersheet would need to be added |VAR.SR.INTVAL| - just like in
        the case of TurnUndead and the suggested DamageReduction. I'm not sure
        if ROG or Arcady have planned on making such modifications to their
        templates.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Robert Ward" <rward30@h...> wrote:
        > Was wondering if it would be possible to put in support for the SR of
        > certain races. I know there are places for it on most of the
        > character sheets, but at least as far as Ihave noticed so far, the
        > main code does not allow for it. If this is already planned, great!
        > Honestly I figured it would/will be supported at the same time as
        > monster templates are supported, or damage resistance that was
        > mentioned earlier, since not many PC races (or classes) actually have
        > SR. Anyway, just an idea. Thanks for your time.
        >
        > -Robert
      • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2001
          If it gets included in the LST files, I can include it in the
          character sheet.

          The same issue exists with Natural AC (Which I currently have on the
          sheet, But I assume I'm the only one who has added +1 natural ac to
          their Amulet of Natural Armor).

          I was leaving off any more work like this until stacking bonus types
          and the like was implemented, and hence all the LST files changed to
          indicate what types of bonuses are supplied.

          Of course, this doesn't really matter with SR, so I can add that :-)

          -ROG

          --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
          > This could be done now via DEFINE:SR|10 (or whatever) and then to
          the
          > charactersheet would need to be added |VAR.SR.INTVAL| - just like in
          > the case of TurnUndead and the suggested DamageReduction. I'm not
          sure
          > if ROG or Arcady have planned on making such modifications to their
          > templates.
          >
          > -Bryan
          >
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "Robert Ward" <rward30@h...> wrote:
          > > Was wondering if it would be possible to put in support for the
          SR of
          > > certain races. I know there are places for it on most of the
          > > character sheets, but at least as far as Ihave noticed so far, the
          > > main code does not allow for it. If this is already planned,
          great!
          > > Honestly I figured it would/will be supported at the same time as
          > > monster templates are supported, or damage resistance that was
          > > mentioned earlier, since not many PC races (or classes) actually
          have
          > > SR. Anyway, just an idea. Thanks for your time.
          > >
          > > -Robert
        • Robert Ward
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2001
            OK, I'm feeling really stupid right now. I'm trying to setup a
            couple of personal races that have Natural AC. But for some reason,
            I'm drawing a complete blank on how to set it up. I think it should
            be something like:

            ADD:Natural DEFINE:Natural|x

            I know that the ROG csheets have references to Natural AC, and I'm
            trying to set it up so that it will show in there as well. But as I
            said earlier, I'm drawing a complete blank on how to set it up in the
            race lst file. Any help at all is appreciated. Feel free to email
            me directly so we don't end up drawing out this thread forever. I
            assume that a similar setup would be used for SR for those races that
            have that as well?

            Thanks again.

            -Robert
            --- In pcgen@y..., "Richard O'Doherty-Gregg" <OdGregg@b...> wrote:
            > If it gets included in the LST files, I can include it in the
            > character sheet.
            >
            > The same issue exists with Natural AC (Which I currently have on
            the
            > sheet, But I assume I'm the only one who has added +1 natural ac to
            > their Amulet of Natural Armor).
            >
            > I was leaving off any more work like this until stacking bonus
            types
            > and the like was implemented, and hence all the LST files changed
            > indicate what types of bonuses are supplied.
            >
            > Of course, this doesn't really matter with SR, so I can add that :-)
            >
            > -ROG
          • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 3, 2001
              Just a quick reply.

              Is it in fact the Base armour class you should be changing?

              I have a wolf companion (I think) that I've changed the base AC on.

              -ROG

            • rodac@pnv.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 3, 2001
                Looking at race lsts for fr it looks like you need to modifiy the AC
                tag for your races. Like the ROG says.
                I was wondering about that too untill I looked a bit more.

                -rodney

              • Robert Ward
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 3, 2001
                  I can do this as a workaround, but it won't show up the change in the
                  Natural AC box on the csheet. And that is something that I would
                  like to have happen as well.

                  -Robert

                • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 3, 2001
                    But it will show up as the BASE AC won't it?

                    Now, can't we assume that any deviation from a base AC of 10 is due
                    to natural armour?

                    -ROG

                  • Robert Ward
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 3, 2001
                      Yes, but like I said I was looking for way to possibly get to show in
                      the Natural AC spot. Ohwell, maybe it can/will be coded later, I can
                      continue to use the workaround.

                    • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 3, 2001
                        If it's any help, the tags I have on an Amulet of Natural Armor are
                        as follows:

                        BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1 BONUS:VAR|AC.Natural|1

                        So this adds or defines the variable AC.Natural to be 1, but since
                        this isn't currently added into the total AC, I also add one to AC.

                        -ROG
                      • Mark Hulsman
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 3, 2001
                          --- In pcgen@y..., "Robert Ward" <rward30@h...> wrote:
                          > Yes, but like I said I was looking for way to possibly get to show
                          in
                          > the Natural AC spot. Ohwell, maybe it can/will be coded later, I
                          can
                          > continue to use the workaround.
                          >
                          > -Robert

                          What needs to be done is totally get rid of the AC tag and change it
                          to NATURALAC or something. Or we can just change how the AC tag
                          works, make 0 be normal instead of 10 being normal. That would be
                          better, but its not essential right now.
                        • Robert Ward
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 4, 2001
                            Thanks, at least this way I can get it to put a number into the
                            natural AC field, without having to edit the HTML file. Thanks.

                            -Robert

                            --- In pcgen@y..., "Richard O'Doherty-Gregg" <OdGregg@b...> wrote:
                            > If it's any help, the tags I have on an Amulet of Natural Armor are
                            > as follows:
                            >
                            > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1 BONUS:VAR|AC.Natural|1
                            >
                            > So this adds or defines the variable AC.Natural to be 1, but since
                            > this isn't currently added into the total AC, I also add one to AC.
                            >
                            > -ROG
                          • Lonestar
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 4, 2001
                              RODG> Just a quick reply.

                              RODG> Is it in fact the Base armour class you should be changing?

                              RODG> I have a wolf companion (I think) that I've changed the base AC on.

                              RODG> -ROG

                              Natural AC bonus shouldn't be added to base AC since natural AC
                              bonuses don't count when you make touch attacks (i.e. for spells)...

                              RODG> --- In pcgen@y..., "Robert Ward" <rward30@h...> wrote:
                              >> OK, I'm feeling really stupid right now. I'm trying to setup a
                              >> couple of personal races that have Natural AC. But for some
                              RODG> reason,
                              >> I'm drawing a complete blank on how to set it up. I think it
                              RODG> should

                              Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...