Re: Feature request

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
      It's not handled currently - not completely anyway. PCGen does not
      recognize these feats for the Ranger in terms of qualifying for other
      feats, but it does recognize them if the ranger is wearing light or
      no armor in terms of displaying your to-hit bonus on the character
      sheet. The VFEAT: tag will allow PCGen to handle the feats in terms
      of pre-requisites for other feats.

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Rich Allen" <rico@r...> wrote:
      > Actually, virtual feats have been around since the 3E players
      handbook!
      > Rangers do NOT get the Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon feats free,
      they act as
      > if they had those feats when wearing light or no armor though. It
      also
      > works the same way as mentioned below, in that it acts as a
      prerequisite for
      > selecting other feats. How is this treated in PCGen now?
      >
      > Rich

    • Nigel Bennington
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
        This raises a interesting point, do we need to be able to specify the
        prereqs that enable a VFEAT?

        For instance, if we set up the ranger with

        VFEAT:Ambidexterity,Two Weapon Fighting

        Then this will affect his weapon TOHIT scores, if he then equips Chainmail
        armour, the VFEAT should be disabled, and the two-weapon penalties come in
        on his TOHIT.

        This is the sort of thing that we ought to take into account, so how about
        allowing us to state pre-requisites for when the VFEAT is active?

        Nigel.

        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
          True - currently I have the Ranger's pre-reqs hard-coded.
          Maybe something like
          VFEAT:Two-Weapon Fighting|Amibidexterity|Load=Light,Armor=NoneLight
          where all the items before the last | are feats that are only valid
          if the requirements after the last | are met.
          If a class has more than one VFEAT that meet different criteria,
          they'd need multiple VFEAT tags.

          I suppose a VFEAT that had no restrictions might as well be added to
          the FEAT: tag, right? Why would it be a virtual feat if there are no
          strings attached?

          -Bryan

          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
            It would still be a VFEAT if the FEAT it echoes has pre-requisites, since
            the character is deemed to have all the pre-requisites of the VFEAT, for
            purposes of them being pre-requisites of other feats, but does not get the
            game benefits of them.

            Nigel.

            True - currently I have the Ranger's pre-reqs hard-coded.
            Maybe something like
            VFEAT:Two-Weapon Fighting|Amibidexterity|Load=Light,Armor=NoneLight
            where all the items before the last | are feats that are only valid
            if the requirements after the last | are met.
            If a class has more than one VFEAT that meet different criteria,
            they'd need multiple VFEAT tags.

            I suppose a VFEAT that had no restrictions might as well be added to
            the FEAT: tag, right? Why would it be a virtual feat if there are no
            strings attached?

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Nigel Bennington" <nigel@i...> wrote:
            > This raises a interesting point, do we need to be able to specify
            the
            > prereqs that enable a VFEAT?
            >
            > For instance, if we set up the ranger with
            >
            > VFEAT:Ambidexterity,Two Weapon Fighting
            >
            > Then this will affect his weapon TOHIT scores, if he then equips
            Chainmail
            > armour, the VFEAT should be disabled, and the two-weapon penalties
            come in
            > on his TOHIT.
            >
            > This is the sort of thing that we ought to take into account, so
            how about
            > allowing us to state pre-requisites for when the VFEAT is active?
            >
            > Nigel.

          • Edward Downard
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
              awesome!

              when it comes to programming stuff...i am no good. graphics man..that is my
              bag

              Edward Downard
              Digital Media Designer
              http://home.earthlink.net/~edownard

              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
                Well, graphics are definitely NOT mine.
                For those reading this list who are good at graphics, how about a
                couple of suggestions:
                1. if you don't like my PC icon (blue field with yellow PC letters),
                can you do any better in an 8x8 pixel icon?
                2. Maybe you'd be interested in creating character portraits - I
                think at least one charactersheet that's been uploaded refers to a
                pic file of the same name as the character. Maybe I should create a
                Portraits directory - I don't want it to get out of hand space-wise,
                so keep the pics small and smallish in number.

                -Bryan

              • arcady0@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
                  > 2. Maybe you'd be interested in creating character portraits - I
                  > think at least one charactersheet that's been uploaded refers to a
                  > pic file of the same name as the character. Maybe I should create a
                  > Portraits directory - I don't want it to get out of hand space-wise,
                  > so keep the pics small and smallish in number.

                  That would be my CSS character sheet. It takes any 178*178 pixel image
                  named character_name.jpg .

                  I think a portraits directory is a bad idea.

                  images eat space real fast.

                  People should provide their own images off of their own hard drives
                  for their characters. That shouldn't be your service. Besides most of
                  them are likley to be copyright violations (unless they draw them
                  themselves like I do) and you don't need to put yourself in that kind
                  of risky water.

                  As for your icon. I'm a graphic designer and could play around a bit.
                  But 8*8 pixel space isn't much. :)
                • Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
                    pics would definitly be interesting... but should be a locally generated
                    file. Could you provide an empty file, or place holders? that way the pc
                    files would look for a pic, find an emply placeholder, and not error unless
                    there was a pic.

                    Ernie Moulton
                    E-Mail Administrator **
                    ACS / HQ USAREC
                    502 626-1664 FAX 502 626-0994
                    mailto:moulton@...

                    For those reading this list who are good at graphics, how about a
                    couple of suggestions:
                    1. if you don't like my PC icon (blue field with yellow PC letters),
                    can you do any better in an 8x8 pixel icon?
                    2. Maybe you'd be interested in creating character portraits - I
                    think at least one charactersheet that's been uploaded refers to a
                    pic file of the same name as the character. Maybe I should create a
                    Portraits directory - I don't want it to get out of hand space-wise,
                    so keep the pics small and smallish in number.

                    -Bryan

                    --- In pcgen@y..., "Edward Downard" <edownard@e...> wrote:
                    > awesome!
                    >
                    > when it comes to programming stuff...i am no good. graphics
                    man..that is my
                    > bag
                    >
                    > Edward Downard
                    > Digital Media Designer
                    > http://home.earthlink.net/~edownard

                  • Robert Hilson
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 1, 2001
                      i have a plain old geocities site through yahoo and ill host pics. anyone know
                      wther we could use the pics off woc sebsite? let me know ill edit my website
                      and then wait for pics to put up

                      =====
                      Robert Hilson
                      http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=11428864