Re: Purchase Method still not working

  • rodac@pnv.net
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 1, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@b...> wrote:
      > I found another unarchiver that would extract the PCGen 2.0.3
      > (2001-06-29 22:00) files without crashing, and began to attempt to
      > create a character. I am still having point purchase problems. I
      have
      > prefaced my observations about possible bugs with "BUG?". I hope
      this
      > is useful.
      >

      > Went to "Stats" tab and began to adjust stats. The point total reads
      > "0 (0)".
      >
      > Increased stats to 10,14,12,14,12,16. The point total reads "0 (0)".
      >
      > BUG? The point total isn't working at all now.
      >
      > Checked the "Main>>Options" tab to make sure that "Use Purchase
      > Method" is selected. It is.

      Did you check to see if the "Unlimited Stat Pool" was checked or not?
      Is it just not showing point totals or can you or can you not upward
      adjust STAT scores when the pool is showing "o,o"?

      -rodney
    • rabrhe@yahoo.com
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 2, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
        > Let's keep our tongues in check...

        Sorry.

        I just -- something that's different than expected isn't "broken",
        especially when it actually conforms to the rules in the PHB and SWRPG
        better than the proposed "solution".

        With PCGen, generate your abilities (step 1). Then, without marking
        it down on PCGen, you can select your race/species (2) and then class
        (3). Then assign your abilitiy scores (4), and record your species
        and class in PCGen (5).

        Making a request for a new feature is a perfectly fine thing. I
        personally would like to be able to go back and ex-post-facto change
        my abilities, with PCGen accurately counting my purchase-method
        points. But that doesn't make the way that PCGen works wrong. And
        claiming that such a feature request is "basic functionality" that
        should have higher priority than support for actual game rules, and
        that PCGen is an unusable waste of time unless it has this
        secondary-to-the-actual-rules feature . . .