BUG: Choose list only giving 1 choice when 2 asked for.

  • arcady
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1 2:18 PM
      I fixed the education feat to be this:

      Education TYPE:General DESC:All Knowledge skills are class skills for you.
      You receive a +1 bonus to two Knowledge skills. Note: May only choose at
      1st level. CSKILL:Knowledge % CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|Knowledge%|2
      BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1

      But it only lets me choose one skill and not 2.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1 6:18 PM
        Hm - you must only have 1 feat to spend. Currently the number of
        chocies you have is the number of feats you have left - there's no way
        right now to say you get 2 choices at the cost of 1 feat. Adding a
        COST:.5 tag could do that, though. I've checked in a change to this
        feat so that there's a COST:.5 tag on it, and I've checked in code so
        that COST: is a valid tag for feats. This means that if you have 2
        feats when you select a feat with a COST:.5, PCGen will give you 4
        choices (feats/cost). A COST:.5 means each choice costs .5 feat
        points. This will be in the next release.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "arcady" <arcady0@y...> wrote:
        > I fixed the education feat to be this:
        >
        > Education TYPE:General DESC:All Knowledge skills are class skills for you.
        > You receive a +1 bonus to two Knowledge skills. Note: May only
        choose at
        > 1st level. CSKILL:Knowledge % CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|Knowledge%|2
        > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
        >
        > But it only lets me choose one skill and not 2.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • arcady
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1 11:18 PM
          No it's one feat.
          But it gives you the following:

          All knowledge skills become class skills.
          You then pick two knowledge skills. Each of these skills gets a plus 1
          bonus.

          But it's one feat and takes up one feat slot.

        • Mark Hulsman
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1 11:25 PM
            > No it's one feat.
            > But it gives you the following:
            >
            > All knowledge skills become class skills.
            > You then pick two knowledge skills. Each of these skills gets a
            plus 1
            > bonus.
            >
            > But it's one feat and takes up one feat slot.

            Yeah, we know it only takes up one slot, but the easiest way to make
            the feat work currently is to say the feat gives a bonus to one skill
            and have the feat only cost half. Then you just choose 2 skills when
            the choose box comes up and you get a bonus to 2 for taking 1 feat.
            It definitely should be changed to let one feat choose 2 skills, but
            until we change how choose works we can't do this. And it would be a
            lot of programming work to fundamentally change how choose works. If
            in the future we see more need for feats like this it will move up in
            priority, but for now this feat is the only one that this is needed
            for, so this is a much simpler way.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2 12:01 AM
              I would hardly say this is the only thing that needs this for CHOOSE.

              See the debate a few weeks back about CHOOSE for languages.

              This one is going to come up a lot in future feature requests. It's rahter
              odd that it's not possible now as the code to not hardwire it would seem to
              be simpler than the code to hardwire it. Not that I've looked at the actual
              code though.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2 8:42 AM
                Right - the CSKILL:Knowledge% bit gives class-skill access to all
                Knowledge skills. The COST: tag affects only the number of choices
                available in the CHOOSE: tag (you get 2 choices per feat spent). So I
                think this is the way you'd want it to work. The BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
                means you get a +1 specifically with any skills chosen. Let me know
                if this isn't correct.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2 9:15 AM
                  The cost tag won't cause troubles with the number of feats
                  the character who takes this feats gets?

                  For instance, leaving them with .5 selections?

                  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                • mocha@mcs.net
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2 10:39 AM
                    No - the number of feats you have is an integer (whole number), so if
                    you only take 1 selection, it will still cost you a whole feat (maybe
                    this needs to be communicated somehow?).

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 3 8:46 PM
                      Its really weird but I haven't opened PCGen since this discussion was
                      over. When I load the fr feats it gives me an error saying illegal
                      cost in frfeat.lst. I go to feats and select Education and it costs
                      1 feat per choice since it didn't like the cost of .5