Re: Purchase Method still not working

  • rodac@pnv.net
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 1, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., "Brandon Blackmoor" <bblackmoor@b...> wrote:
      > I found another unarchiver that would extract the PCGen 2.0.3
      > (2001-06-29 22:00) files without crashing, and began to attempt to
      > create a character. I am still having point purchase problems. I
      have
      > prefaced my observations about possible bugs with "BUG?". I hope
      this
      > is useful.
      >
      > Execute pcgen.jar
      >
      > Load the modules for Dungeon Master's Guide, Player's Handbook, and
      > Sword and Fist.
      >
      > On the "Options" tab, selected "Use Purchase Method", "Unclude
      Skills:
      > Untrained", "Debug Mode", and "Load Campaigns".
      >
      > Created a "New" character.
      >
      > Saved Character as "Rain.pcg".
      >
      > Attempted to click the "Classes" tab. PCGen required me to choose a
      > race first. Chose "Human".
      >
      > Attempted to click the "Classes" tab. PCGen required me to choose an
      > alignment first first. Chose "Chaotic Neutral".
      >
      > Clicked "Classes" tab. Selected Ranger, selected Favored Enemy. Hit
      > Points show as "7".
      >
      > BUG? At first level the Hit Points are supposed to be max.
      >
      > Changed Hit Points to "10".
      >
      > Saved Character as "Rain.pcg".

      I can solve your HP thingy you need to specify 100 in MAXHP% window
      to get max HP otherwise it rolls for you...you should see a statement
      to that fact at the very very bottom of PcGen window- I dont know
      what you call that space. I always have called it the info or help
      bar.
      -rodney
    • rabrhe@yahoo.com
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 2, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
        > Let's keep our tongues in check...

        Sorry.

        I just -- something that's different than expected isn't "broken",
        especially when it actually conforms to the rules in the PHB and SWRPG
        better than the proposed "solution".

        With PCGen, generate your abilities (step 1). Then, without marking
        it down on PCGen, you can select your race/species (2) and then class
        (3). Then assign your abilitiy scores (4), and record your species
        and class in PCGen (5).

        Making a request for a new feature is a perfectly fine thing. I
        personally would like to be able to go back and ex-post-facto change
        my abilities, with PCGen accurately counting my purchase-method
        points. But that doesn't make the way that PCGen works wrong. And
        claiming that such a feature request is "basic functionality" that
        should have higher priority than support for actual game rules, and
        that PCGen is an unusable waste of time unless it has this
        secondary-to-the-actual-rules feature . . .