Race.lst - giving Weapon Finesse

  • pat512@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1 10:43 AM
      What's the syntax to give a race a feat that has options, like Weapon Finesse, for a specific option?

      I want to give all members of a race Weapon Finesse in a weapon called Claw (Feledhel). I've tried FEAT:Weapon Finesse(Claw (Feledhel)), but it didn't seem to have any effect.

      Thanks,
      Pat
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2 11:18 AM
        What you have should work - I've added it as Bug 437985.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., pat512@y... wrote:
        > What's the syntax to give a race a feat that has options, like
        Weapon Finesse, for a specific option?

        > I want to give all members of a race Weapon Finesse in a weapon
        called Claw (Feledhel). I've tried FEAT:Weapon Finesse(Claw
        (Feledhel)), but it didn't seem to have any effect.

        > Thanks,
        > Pat
      • Mark Hulsman
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2 5:58 PM
          I beleive that this bug is probably due to how PC Gen parses the
          parentheses.

        • pat512@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5 9:53 AM
            --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
            > What you have should work - I've added it as Bug 437985.
            >
            > -Bryan

            Bryan,

            I noticed in the bugtracker list that you closed this because Claw (Feledhel) isn't a light weapon -- actually, it is. Here's the entry from the weaponprof.lst:

            Claw (Feledhel) TYPE:Exotic SIZE:T

            and the relevant parts of the race entry that I'm trying to work with:

            Garristia Feledhel (Panther Elf) -2 4 -2 0 -2 2 Ranger or Bard 0 1 SIZE:M <snip> WEAPONAUTO:Claw (Feledhel) FEAT:Weapon Finesse(Claw (Feledhel))

            The WEAPONAUTO is working fine -- all members of the race are proficient, and the weapon is selectable if you actually take the Weapon Finesse feat, but the automatic Weapon Finesse isn't happening.

            Thanks,
            Pat

          • mocha@mcs.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5 10:12 AM
              Oh - sorry about that. I'll re-open it and include your race
              definition to be used in testing. There must simply be a problem with
              parsing through the parentheses correctly.

              -Bryan

            • myronman@myronman.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6 8:50 AM
                Hello Bryan,

                Just to let you know that you haven't lost me. I've been on vacation and
                very busy at work and at home lately. When I get back (Starting next week)
                I'll be able to add to the testing effort with PCGen. Sorry for not emailing
                you for so long. I hope you understand. Currently, I've been keeping up
                with the emials from the usergroup at my email address "myronman@....
                Talk to you soon.

                Sincerely,
                Myron D. Parks
              • Robert Hilson
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 6 9:27 AM
                  is the arcady on our list the same as the one interviewed in ASGUARD magazine?

                  =====
                  Robert Hilson
                  https://secure.paypal.com/affil/pal=okuth0r%40yahoo.com

                  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/