error in zip file

  • bblackmoor@blackgate.net
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 1, 2001
      There is an error in the PCGen 2.2.2b and 2.0.3 zip files (e.g.
      pcgen203.zip). When it gets to the LICENSE file, the unarchiver
      crashes. The LST archive extracts fine, though (e.g. lst203.zip).
      This is under Windows 98 using PowerDesk as the unarchiver.

      What program is used to create these zip files, and under what
      platform? I recall hearing that under some OSs it is possible to
      create a file without a period in it, and that this could cause
      problems on other platforms. Do you think this might be what is
      causing the problem here?

      bblackmoor@...
    • rabrhe@yahoo.com
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 2, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
        > Let's keep our tongues in check...

        Sorry.

        I just -- something that's different than expected isn't "broken",
        especially when it actually conforms to the rules in the PHB and SWRPG
        better than the proposed "solution".

        With PCGen, generate your abilities (step 1). Then, without marking
        it down on PCGen, you can select your race/species (2) and then class
        (3). Then assign your abilitiy scores (4), and record your species
        and class in PCGen (5).

        Making a request for a new feature is a perfectly fine thing. I
        personally would like to be able to go back and ex-post-facto change
        my abilities, with PCGen accurately counting my purchase-method
        points. But that doesn't make the way that PCGen works wrong. And
        claiming that such a feature request is "basic functionality" that
        should have higher priority than support for actual game rules, and
        that PCGen is an unusable waste of time unless it has this
        secondary-to-the-actual-rules feature . . .