[BUG] Not displaying +1 to +5 magical weapons and armor

  • Josue Silverio
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2003
      This is a repeating bug that is anoying me, I had have reported it
      countless times, but still around.

      The autogenerated weapons and armor options are not showing the +1
      to +5 weapons and armor nor the size optional weapons and armor (all
      of them are checked at the preferences menu)

      However, IF I upload a mage (sorceror or wizard, not good with other
      classes) with the familiar, those nasty items just popped up.

      It happened with the last 4 versions of JAVA I tried, now I'm using
      the ver. 1.4.2 and still the same.

      Please, at least tell me you are thinking to fix this.
    • Steven Gilroy
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2003
        Josue,
        What version of PCGen are you using? I am using PCGen 5.3.2 (and
        latest alpha build from rpg.plambert.net/pcgen) with Java 1.4.2 and all
        of the items show up fine for me. Have you tried deleting your
        options.ini file? Have you tried installing PCGen fresh in a new
        directory and copying your character file over?

        Let's find out if this is a program bug or just a problem with your
        installation.

        --

        Steven Gilroy
        PCGen OS Lemur
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2003
          >Josue,
          >What version of PCGen are you using? I am using PCGen 5.3.2 (and
          >latest alpha build from rpg.plambert.net/pcgen) with Java 1.4.2 and
          >all of the items show up fine for me.

          I'm using PCGen Ver 5.3.2 autobuild 200308051314 with Java 1.4.2, I
          download two fresh copies from the plambert the site every single
          morning and at night when at home and install it in a fresh
          directory but still the same.

          >Have you tried deleting your options.ini file? Have you tried
          >installing PCGen fresh in a new directory and copying your
          >character file over?

          Yes, I deleted a single .ini file, two files, all .ini files, in
          several orders and times, I made 17 different directories to test
          it, I made 34 different characters, making combinations with
          classes, and multiclasses, races,and reinstalled all over, test all
          again, again and again and the bug still going, and going, and
          going... the options only appeared when uploaded a mage character.

          >Let's find out if this is a program bug or just a problem with your
          >installation.

          I made different (every day) installations in my work computer and
          within my two computers at home (one win xp pro and another linux
          mandrake 9.1) and the bug still going and going and going and
          going...

          The Last real working version for me was 5.1.6 after that this bug
          have been repeating
        • Steven Gilroy
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 5, 2003
            I would recommend running it from the command line and copying and
            pasting any errors you recieve into an e-mail to this group so that the
            Code Monkeys can track down the problem.

            Josue Silverio wrote:

            >>Josue,
            >>What version of PCGen are you using? I am using PCGen 5.3.2 (and
            >>latest alpha build from rpg.plambert.net/pcgen) with Java 1.4.2 and
            >>all of the items show up fine for me.
            >>

            >I'm using PCGen Ver 5.3.2 autobuild 200308051314 with Java 1.4.2, I
            >download two fresh copies from the plambert the site every single
            >morning and at night when at home and install it in a fresh
            >directory but still the same.
            >

            >>Have you tried deleting your options.ini file? Have you tried
            >>installing PCGen fresh in a new directory and copying your
            >>character file over?
            >>

            >Yes, I deleted a single .ini file, two files, all .ini files, in
            >several orders and times, I made 17 different directories to test
            >it, I made 34 different characters, making combinations with
            >classes, and multiclasses, races,and reinstalled all over, test all
            >again, again and again and the bug still going, and going, and
            >going... the options only appeared when uploaded a mage character.
            >

            >>Let's find out if this is a program bug or just a problem with your
            >>installation.
            >>

            >I made different (every day) installations in my work computer and
            >within my two computers at home (one win xp pro and another linux
            >mandrake 9.1) and the bug still going and going and going and
            >going...
            >

            >The Last real working version for me was 5.1.6 after that this bug
            >have been repeating

            >PCGen's FAQ: http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen
            >PCGen's alpha build: http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen

            Steven Gilroy
            PCGen OS Lemur
          • Jayme
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2003
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Josue Silverio" <thaldorf@y...> wrote:
              > This is a repeating bug that is anoying me, I had have reported it
              > countless times, but still around.
              >
              > The autogenerated weapons and armor options are not showing the +1
              > to +5 weapons and armor nor the size optional weapons and armor (all
              > of them are checked at the preferences menu)
              >
              > However, IF I upload a mage (sorceror or wizard, not good with other
              > classes) with the familiar, those nasty items just popped up.

              Tracker Monkey -- Please open a Bug Tracker for this...

              Thanks!

              --Jayme
            • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 8, 2003
                Tracker organised

                > This is a repeating bug that is anoying me, I had have reported it
                > countless times, but still around.
                >
                > The autogenerated weapons and armor options are not showing the +1
                > to +5 weapons and armor nor the size optional weapons and armor (all
                > of them are checked at the preferences menu)
                >
                > However, IF I upload a mage (sorceror or wizard, not good with other
                > classes) with the familiar, those nasty items just popped up.

                Tracker Monkey -- Please open a Bug Tracker for this...

                Thanks!

                --Jayme

              • Hetter
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8, 2003
                  Jayme:

                  This bug has been fixed in the CVS. If you get a copy PCGen from plambert's
                  site, you'll have the auto-generated weapons and armor. I think (someone
                  correct me if I'm wrong here) that it will be fixed in the next beta
                  (5.3.4).

                  Hetter
                  TM Lemur

                • Jayme Cox
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 8, 2003
                    Hetter wrote:

                    > Jayme:
                    >
                    > This bug has been fixed in the CVS. If you get a copy PCGen from
                    > plambert's site, you'll have the auto-generated weapons and armor.
                    > I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) that it will be
                    > fixed in the next beta (5.3.4).
                    >
                    > Hetter
                    > TM Lemur

                    Excellent! ;^)