Re: PCGen ruuuning slooowly

  • pjak
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "tominator75218" <tominator75218@y...>
      wrote:
      > Running 5.3.2. Can this be fixed by reinstalling

      Kind of. 5.3.3 (which will be released this wednesday) will be a
      *lot* faster. Once that is released, try that version.

      > (gee, I'd hate to lose everything, though).

      Well, you don't have to lose everything (or anything. :) After you've
      installed 5.3.3 in a *separate* directory from 5.3.2, just copy the
      files you've changed (most likely in the customsources directory and
      the characters directory) to the the appropriate places under 5.3.3.
      After that, you can remove 5.3.2

      > Does it have to do with custom items?

      Probably not (though it's possible. If your problems are not resolved
      by 5.3.3, then it's time to check those out.)

      It might also be worthwhile (after upgrading to pcgen 5.3.3) to try
      updating to java 1.4.2 which you can get from here:
      http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html
      Find the JRE matching your operating system, download and install.
      (Most, though not all, report that pcgen runs faster under java
      1.4.2.)

      /Jonas