Re: PCGen 2.0.3 release

  • rabrhe@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2001
      > - frrace.lst from Robert Ward included (corrections - this is rabrhe,
      > right? I didn't include FRop.zip since I wasn't sure if it was
      > 'official' or not)

      The included frrace.lst has all of my latest changes. (And I [rabrhe]
      am a guy named Steven Ehrbar, if you were wondering about that.)

      Unless somebody objects in the next 18 hours or so, I'm going to go
      ahead and add the FRop races to the frrace.lst file, and upload the
      combined file tomorrow. The races being added are all 1 HD, max ECL
      adjustment of +2, works-without-monster-class-support races; DMs
      likely to object to them would likely also prohibit "standard FR"
      races like drow, duergar, and deep gnomes.
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1 9:59 AM
        Ah - okay, thanks! Some people post here with more than 1 id, and
        Robert Ward has been doing some very helpful lst file stuff, so I
        wasn't sure if you were one of his aliases or something. I will
        correct my release notes accordingly. :)
        Let me know when you upload the file, and if there are no objections,
        I'll be glad to add it to the release. Thanks!
        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., rabrhe@y... wrote:
        > > - frrace.lst from Robert Ward included (corrections - this is rabrhe,
        > > right? I didn't include FRop.zip since I wasn't sure if it was
        > > 'official' or not)
        >
        > The included frrace.lst has all of my latest changes. (And I [rabrhe]
        > am a guy named Steven Ehrbar, if you were wondering about that.)
        >
        > Unless somebody objects in the next 18 hours or so, I'm going to go
        > ahead and add the FRop races to the frrace.lst file, and upload the
        > combined file tomorrow. The races being added are all 1 HD, max ECL
        > adjustment of +2, works-without-monster-class-support races; DMs
        > likely to object to them would likely also prohibit "standard FR"
        > races like drow, duergar, and deep gnomes.
      • arcady
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1 12:02 PM
          It's one of those bad zip files again that if people use old versions of
          winzip they will get all 0kb files.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1 4:59 PM
            I had hoped that it was an ftp thing from mcs that would be better
            fixed by getting it from sourceforge, but apparently not. I'll have
            to change the zipping mechanism.

            -Bryan

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • nezzir@home.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 4 5:31 PM
              I may just be missing something but I've created a generic 6th level fighter as a test.  You can see the sheet here:
              www.nezzir.com/testchar.html
              For armor, I gave him a +2 suit of chain and a large +1 steel shield to go with his Masterwork Longsword.  If I equip both armor items then his attack bonus on all weapons goes down by 1...  If I un-equip either one, it returns...

              I couldn't find anything in the books about it - except something about proficiencies - but he is proficient with the armor as well as the weapons.  He also has weapon focus and specialization.

              It's driving me nuts watching that number go down when I equip the chain shirt.

              BTW - This is PCGen 2.03
            • mocha@mcs.net
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 4 5:47 PM
                I think there was one issue with PCGen 2.0.3 regarding this. Try
                today's release (2.0.4) and let me know if it still happens. Are you
                sure you're not encumbered?

                -Bryan

              • nezzir@home.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 5 9:57 AM
                  I moved up to 2.04 - This did not fix the problem. What did fix the
                  problem was de-selecting the "Weapon Focus" then re-selecting it - Saving,
                  exiting, then reloading PCGen. So that one is fixed. It seems you should
                  already have your weapon in your inventory before you select your feats...

                  Here's a new one. I created a halfing thief - 6th level. She has a dex of
                  18 and a light armor proficiency. I put leather +1 on her and it gave her
                  a max dex 3 and a -3 armor check penalty to all str based skills. I tried
                  going back to regular small leather but it had the same penalties. I tried
                  de-selecting/re-selecting the armor (light) proficiency skill,
                  saving/reloading, etc. It was stuck. I finally removed her "travelers
                  outfit" and armor and when I put them back it finally corrected itself. At
                  no time was I encumbered...

                  It seems there may be some recalculation issues. It's hard to pin them
                  down. I'm using PCGen to create a large pool of generic mid-level
                  characters for quick games. Most of the problems I've encountered are
                  related to calculating attack numbers and armor bonuses after you change
                  the equipment around. I'll post other problems I find as I move forward
                  with my little project.

                  At 12:47 AM 7/5/2001 +0000, you wrote:
                  >I think there was one issue with PCGen 2.0.3 regarding this. Try
                  >today's release (2.0.4) and let me know if it still happens. Are you
                  >sure you're not encumbered?
                  >
                  >-Bryan
                  >
                  >--- In pcgen@y..., "nezzir@h..." <nezzir@h...> wrote:
                  > > I may just be missing something but I've created a generic 6th
                  >level
                  > > fighter as a test. You can see the sheet here:
                  > > www.nezzir.com/testchar.html
                  > > For armor, I gave him a +2 suit of chain and a large +1 steel
                  >shield to go
                  > > with his Masterwork Longsword. If I equip both armor items then
                  >his attack
                  > > bonus on all weapons goes down by 1... If I un-equip either one,
                  >it returns...
                  > >
                  > > I couldn't find anything in the books about it - except something
                  >about
                  > > proficiencies - but he is proficient with the armor as well as the
                  > > weapons. He also has weapon focus and specialization.
                  > >
                  > > It's driving me nuts watching that number go down when I equip the
                  >chain shirt.
                  > >
                  > > BTW - This is PCGen 2.03

                  NezziR,
                  Mark A. Warren
                  -=*-----------------------------------------------------*=-

                  "Tis now the very witching time of night
                  when churchyards yawn and hell itself breaths out contagion to this world,
                  now could I drink hot blood and do such bitter business as the day would
                  quake to look on."

                  William Shakespeare,
                  Hamlet
                • mocha@mcs.net
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 5 10:21 AM
                    --- In pcgen@y..., "nezzir@h..." <nezzir@h...> wrote:
                    > I moved up to 2.04 - This did not fix the problem. What did fix
                    the
                    > problem was de-selecting the "Weapon Focus" then re-selecting it -
                    Saving,
                    > exiting, then reloading PCGen. So that one is fixed. It seems you
                    should
                    > already have your weapon in your inventory before you select your
                    feats...

                    De-selecting and re-selecting the feat does force PCGen to re-
                    validate your choices, but those selections have nothing to do with
                    any equipment you have.

                    > Here's a new one. I created a halfing thief - 6th level. She has
                    a dex of
                    > 18 and a light armor proficiency. I put leather +1 on her and it
                    gave her
                    > a max dex 3 and a -3 armor check penalty to all str based skills.
                    I tried
                    > going back to regular small leather but it had the same penalties.
                    I tried
                    > de-selecting/re-selecting the armor (light) proficiency skill,
                    > saving/reloading, etc. It was stuck. I finally removed
                    her "travelers
                    > outfit" and armor and when I put them back it finally corrected
                    itself. At
                    > no time was I encumbered...

                    You removed the items from your inventory and then added them back in
                    and it worked? These calculations are done 'on the fly', so adding
                    them back in should not have made a difference. The -3 does match
                    the medium load penalty... can you recreate the problem with a new
                    character every time?

                    > It seems there may be some recalculation issues. It's hard to pin
                    them
                    > down. I'm using PCGen to create a large pool of generic mid-level
                    > characters for quick games. Most of the problems I've encountered
                    are
                    > related to calculating attack numbers and armor bonuses after you
                    change
                    > the equipment around. I'll post other problems I find as I move
                    forward
                    > with my little project.

                    Okay - I'd be interested in what you find. All calculations are
                    done 'on the fly' - I don't save anything except the base unadjusted
                    values from which the checks/bab/hp/etc. are calculated. The main
                    factors to check would be your load type (encumberance penalty),
                    armor check, max dex, any proficiency related penalties, etc.

                    -Bryan

                    > At 12:47 AM 7/5/2001 +0000, you wrote:
                    > >I think there was one issue with PCGen 2.0.3 regarding this. Try
                    > >today's release (2.0.4) and let me know if it still happens. Are
                    you
                    > >sure you're not encumbered?
                    > >
                    > >-Bryan
                    > >
                    > >--- In pcgen@y..., "nezzir@h..." <nezzir@h...> wrote:
                    > > > I may just be missing something but I've created a generic 6th
                    > >level
                    > > > fighter as a test. You can see the sheet here:
                    > > > www.nezzir.com/testchar.html
                    > > > For armor, I gave him a +2 suit of chain and a large +1 steel
                    > >shield to go
                    > > > with his Masterwork Longsword. If I equip both armor items then
                    > >his attack
                    > > > bonus on all weapons goes down by 1... If I un-equip either
                    one,
                    > >it returns...
                    > > >
                    > > > I couldn't find anything in the books about it - except
                    something
                    > >about
                    > > > proficiencies - but he is proficient with the armor as well as
                    the
                    > > > weapons. He also has weapon focus and specialization.
                    > > >
                    > > > It's driving me nuts watching that number go down when I equip
                    the
                    > >chain shirt.
                    > > >
                    > > > BTW - This is PCGen 2.03

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    > NezziR,
                    > Mark A. Warren
                    > -=*-----------------------------------------------------*=-
                    >
                    > "Tis now the very witching time of night
                    > when churchyards yawn and hell itself breaths out contagion to this
                    world,
                    > now could I drink hot blood and do such bitter business as the day
                    would
                    > quake to look on."
                    >
                    > William Shakespeare,
                    > Hamlet
                  • Robert Ward
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 5 11:08 AM
                      I had this issue with the 2.0.3 release, but when I got the 2.0.4
                      release and used it, it went away.

                      BTW Bryan no longer need to have you check that pcg file from
                      earlier, thanks though for the thought.

                      -Robert

                    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 5 11:23 AM
                        You just installed 2.0.4 over 2.0.3, right? Did you do anything
                        else? I think Nezzir's problem is the same you were having, so maybe
                        you did something that Nezzir didn't which corrected the problem - at
                        least that's one possibility. Could you delete the pcg file since I
                        don't have to look at it now? (Actually, I did look at it and used it
                        to confirm for myself that the problem had been resolved...)

                        -Bryan

                        --- In pcgen@y..., "Robert Ward" <rward30@h...> wrote:
                        > I had this issue with the 2.0.3 release, but when I got the 2.0.4
                        > release and used it, it went away.
                        >
                        > BTW Bryan no longer need to have you check that pcg file from
                        > earlier, thanks though for the thought.
                        >
                        > -Robert
                        >
                        > --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
                        > > I think there was one issue with PCGen 2.0.3 regarding this. Try
                        > > today's release (2.0.4) and let me know if it still happens. Are
                        > you
                        > > sure you're not encumbered?
                        > >
                        > > -Bryan
                        > >
                        > > --- In pcgen@y..., "nezzir@h..." <nezzir@h...> wrote:
                        > > > I may just be missing something but I've created a generic 6th
                        > > level
                        > > > fighter as a test. You can see the sheet here:
                        > > > www.nezzir.com/testchar.html
                        > > > For armor, I gave him a +2 suit of chain and a large +1 steel
                        > > shield to go
                        > > > with his Masterwork Longsword. If I equip both armor items
                        then
                        > > his attack
                        > > > bonus on all weapons goes down by 1... If I un-equip either
                        one,
                        > > it returns...
                        > > >
                        > > > I couldn't find anything in the books about it - except
                        something
                        > > about
                        > > > proficiencies - but he is proficient with the armor as well as
                        > the
                        > > > weapons. He also has weapon focus and specialization.
                        > > >
                        > > > It's driving me nuts watching that number go down when I equip
                        > the
                        > > chain shirt.
                        > > >
                        > > > BTW - This is PCGen 2.03
                      • Yosemite Sam
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 5 12:20 PM
                          I ended up doing a new install of PCGen 2.04 to make my problems go away.

                        • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 5 2:23 PM
                            --- In pcgen@y..., "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@y...> wrote:
> [...]

                            I thought that the case-sensitivity in this instance had been
                            removed. Does your character still have both proficiencies? I
                            wonder if this is a bug due to converting characters from pre-lst-
                            file-cleanup to post-lst-file-cleanup.

                            -Bryan

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 5 2:26 PM

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 5 5:49 PM
                                File already deleted, and what I did (which is same thing do
                                everytime) is installed new version in new location, then copy over
                                the pcg files that I am using. Then I import them with new version,
                                and check to see what/if anything needs fixing. Every thing from
                                previous version came thru fine, and had no issue with the armor to
                                hit penalty from previous version.

                                -Robert

                              • nezzir@home.com
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 5 8:44 PM
                                  I had problems with old .pcg files from 2.03 but I haven't seen the problem
                                  yet in 2.04. I am, however, doing something different now. I buy my
                                  weapon and armor before I select my feats and proficiencies. I'll let you
                                  know if I see the problem again.

                                  At 12:49 AM 7/6/2001 +0000, you wrote:
                                  >File already deleted, and what I did (which is same thing do
                                  >everytime) is installed new version in new location, then copy over
                                  >the pcg files that I am using. Then I import them with new version,
                                  >and check to see what/if anything needs fixing. Every thing from
                                  >previous version came thru fine, and had no issue with the armor to
                                  >hit penalty from previous version.
                                  >
                                  >-Robert
                                  >
                                  >--- In pcgen@y..., merton_monk@y... wrote:
                                  > > You just installed 2.0.4 over 2.0.3, right? Did you do anything
                                  > > else? I think Nezzir's problem is the same you were having, so
                                  >maybe
                                  > > you did something that Nezzir didn't which corrected the problem -
                                  >at
                                  > > least that's one possibility. Could you delete the pcg file since I
                                  > > don't have to look at it now? (Actually, I did look at it and used
                                  >it
                                  > > to confirm for myself that the problem had been resolved...)
                                  > >
                                  > > -Bryan
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In pcgen@y..., "Robert Ward" <rward30@h...> wrote:
                                  > > > I had this issue with the 2.0.3 release, but when I got the 2.0.4
                                  > > > release and used it, it went away.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > BTW Bryan no longer need to have you check that pcg file from
                                  > > > earlier, thanks though for the thought.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > -Robert

                                  >Try
                                  >Are