Re: [pcgen] BESM d20 Support?

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
      IIRC, BESM d20 is similar to SAS (also by Guardians of Order) in that it is
      Tri-Stat shoehorned into the d20 mechanic system. GoO was interested in us
      doing SAS in PCGen (at least they were as of GenCon '02).

      Short Answer: We'd like to, but it may take a while to figure out how.

      Long Answer: I looked at SAS last year. *SHUDDER* I've looked at MnM
      (another Supers game) Again, *shudder*, but this time not as bad. For MnM
      we just need a plan of attack on what bits of code, and possibly some
      radical changes to what GameMode can do. If we can do MnM, we will be
      closer to doing SAS, which would be similar enough to BESM d20, I think,
      that we could do the stretch easily.

      That answer your question?

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen Data SB and BoD

      > I was wondering if you guys were planning to make PCGen compatable for the
      > Big Eyes Small Mouth d20 platform, and if you guys were in discussions
      with
      > Guardians of Order for doing so. Would Wizards have an issue if you added
      them to
      > the system? Just wondering for future refference. If you guys do add
      their
      > stuff I'll deffinately be in line to buy them when they're released.
      >
      > Vortex
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
        Well, Wizard's has nothing to do with other publisher's being included
        in PCGen, so that points clear. But I don't know if GoO has been
        approached about it yet or not.

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback

        http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/9rHolB/TM

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • tcowan20
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
          GoO has the Open Content System Reference Document up!
          http://www.guardiansorder.com/d20/animed20_srd/

          Looks like the big thing we need is a way to track and use Character
          Points.

          Tom

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>