[pcgen] BESM d20 Support?

  • Vortex35@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
      I was wondering if you guys were planning to make PCGen compatable for the
      Big Eyes Small Mouth d20 platform, and if you guys were in discussions with
      Guardians of Order for doing so. Would Wizards have an issue if you added them to
      the system? Just wondering for future refference. If you guys do add their
      stuff I'll deffinately be in line to buy them when they're released.

      Vortex

    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
        IIRC, BESM d20 is similar to SAS (also by Guardians of Order) in that it is
        Tri-Stat shoehorned into the d20 mechanic system. GoO was interested in us
        doing SAS in PCGen (at least they were as of GenCon '02).

        Short Answer: We'd like to, but it may take a while to figure out how.

        Long Answer: I looked at SAS last year. *SHUDDER* I've looked at MnM
        (another Supers game) Again, *shudder*, but this time not as bad. For MnM
        we just need a plan of attack on what bits of code, and possibly some
        radical changes to what GameMode can do. If we can do MnM, we will be
        closer to doing SAS, which would be similar enough to BESM d20, I think,
        that we could do the stretch easily.

        That answer your question?

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Data SB and BoD

        > I was wondering if you guys were planning to make PCGen compatable for the
        > Big Eyes Small Mouth d20 platform, and if you guys were in discussions
        with
        > Guardians of Order for doing so. Would Wizards have an issue if you added
        them to
        > the system? Just wondering for future refference. If you guys do add
        their
        > stuff I'll deffinately be in line to buy them when they're released.
        >
        > Vortex
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
          Well, Wizard's has nothing to do with other publisher's being included
          in PCGen, so that points clear. But I don't know if GoO has been
          approached about it yet or not.

          Barak
          ~PCGen BoD
          ~OS Silverback

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/9rHolB/TM

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • tcowan20
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
            GoO has the Open Content System Reference Document up!
            http://www.guardiansorder.com/d20/animed20_srd/

            Looks like the big thing we need is a way to track and use Character
            Points.

            Tom

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>