Re: [pcgen] Re: String index out of range

  • Steven Gilroy
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
      Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing character
      no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new character
      the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I just
      tried to open....strange things going on here...

      Steven Gilroy
      PCGen OS Lemur
    • Jayme Cox
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
        Steven Gilroy wrote:
        > I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
        > for that matter...
        >
        > I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

        Please try with autobuild timestamped 200308030514 or later (Sun Aug 3
        05:14:00 2003 GMT or later)
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@w...> wrote:
          > Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing
          character
          > no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new
          character
          > the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I
          just
          > tried to open....strange things going on here...

          I've seen this behavior often in the past in different versions. In
          my experience this is almost always a lst file problem. Always had a
          Space somewhere in a lst file. When I found the space and replaced
          with a tab it went away.
        • Steven Gilroy
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
            My LST files have not changed and this problem just started with version
            5.3.2. When I go back to 5.3.1 everything is fine. This leads me to
            believe that it is not a LST file problem.

            Jayme, I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308031514 and the tab
            still does not show when I load a character.

            I still get:

[...]
            at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:762)
            at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1117)
            at
            pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1104)
            at
            pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
            at
            javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
            Source)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2686)

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
              Steven Gilroy wrote:
              > I still get:
              >
              > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
              > at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
              > at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)

              Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
              latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
              the problem.
            • Steven Gilroy
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 4, 2003
                Jayme,
                That fixed it, the characters open like they are supposed to now. I
                do get "Badly formed PRESTAT token: 1,Q" 3 times now when I open the
                first character, but everything works normally.

                Keep up the good work!

                Jayme Cox wrote:
                > Steven Gilroy wrote:
                >
                >>I still get:
                >>
                >>java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                >> at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                >> at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
                >

                > Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                > latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                > the problem.

                Steven Gilroy
                PCGen OS Lemur