Re: [pcgen] Re: String index out of range

  • Steven Gilroy
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
      I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
      for that matter...

      I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

      No error when starting but now when I try to open a character the
      character tab does not show up. Here is what I get on the console:

      java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
      at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
      at pcgen.core.PObject.access$1100(PObject.java:62)
      at
      pcgen.core.PObject$PreReqTestsToUse.passesTests(PObject.java:3572)
      at
      pcgen.core.PObject$PreReqTestsToGain.passesTests(PObject.java:3349)
      at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqForList(PObject.java:4007)
      at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGainForList(PObject.java:3827)
      at pcgen.core.Feat.passesPreReqToGainForList(Feat.java:185)
      at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGainForList(PObject.java:3249)
      at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGain(PObject.java:3182)
      at pcgen.gui.utils.PObjectNode.toString(PObjectNode.java:249)
      at javax.swing.JTree.convertValueToText(Unknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeCellRenderer.getTreeCellRendererComponent(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$NodeDimensionsHandler.getNodeDimensions(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.tree.AbstractLayoutCache.getNodeDimensions(Unknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.updatePreferredSize(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown
      Source)
      at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.rebuild(Unknown
      Source)
      at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.setModel(Unknown
      Source)
      at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.setModel(Unknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$PropertyChangeHandler.propertyChange(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
      Source)
      at javax.swing.JComponent.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.JTree.setModel(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.JTree.<init>(Unknown Source)
      at
      pcgen.gui.utils.JTreeTable$TreeTableCellRenderer.<init>(JTreeTable.java:501)
      at pcgen.gui.utils.JTreeTable.<init>(JTreeTable.java:97)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.createTreeTables(InfoFeats.java:798)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.initComponents(InfoFeats.java:481)
      at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.<init>(InfoFeats.java:405)
      at pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo.<init>(CharacterInfo.java:69)
      at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:753)
      at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1108)
      at
      pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1095)
      at
      pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
      at
      javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
      Source)
      at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2677)
      at
      java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
      Source)

      Jayme Cox wrote:
      > Kevin Colagio wrote:
      >
      >>--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
      >>

      >>>I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
      >>>actually load.
      >>
      >>Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....
      >>
      >>Kevin Colagio
      >

      > You might try deleting your options.ini file and see if that fixes the
      > problem....

      Steven Gilroy
      PCGen OS Lemur
    • Steven Gilroy
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
        Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing character
        no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new character
        the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I just
        tried to open....strange things going on here...

        Steven Gilroy
        PCGen OS Lemur
      • Jayme Cox
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
          Steven Gilroy wrote:
          > I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
          > for that matter...
          >
          > I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

          Please try with autobuild timestamped 200308030514 or later (Sun Aug 3
          05:14:00 2003 GMT or later)
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@w...> wrote:
            > Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing
            character
            > no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new
            character
            > the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I
            just
            > tried to open....strange things going on here...

            I've seen this behavior often in the past in different versions. In
            my experience this is almost always a lst file problem. Always had a
            Space somewhere in a lst file. When I found the space and replaced
            with a tab it went away.
          • Steven Gilroy
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
              My LST files have not changed and this problem just started with version
              5.3.2. When I go back to 5.3.1 everything is fine. This leads me to
              believe that it is not a LST file problem.

              Jayme, I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308031514 and the tab
              still does not show when I load a character.

              I still get:

[...]
              at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:762)
              at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1117)
              at
              pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1104)
              at
              pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
              at
              javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
              Source)
              at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
              Source)
              at
              javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
              Source)
              at
              pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2686)

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
                Steven Gilroy wrote:
                > I still get:
                >
                > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                > at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                > at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)

                Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                the problem.
              • Steven Gilroy
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 4, 2003
                  Jayme,
                  That fixed it, the characters open like they are supposed to now. I
                  do get "Badly formed PRESTAT token: 1,Q" 3 times now when I open the
                  first character, but everything works normally.

                  Keep up the good work!

                  Jayme Cox wrote:
                  > Steven Gilroy wrote:
                  >
                  >>I still get:
                  >>
                  >>java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                  >> at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                  >> at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
                  >

                  > Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                  > latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                  > the problem.

                  Steven Gilroy
                  PCGen OS Lemur