Re: [pcgen] Re: String index out of range

  • Jayme Cox
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
      Kevin Colagio wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
      >
      >>I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
      >>actually load.
      >
      > Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....
      >
      > Kevin Colagio

      You might try deleting your options.ini file and see if that fixes the
      problem....
    • Steven Gilroy
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
        I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
        for that matter...

        I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

        No error when starting but now when I try to open a character the
        character tab does not show up. Here is what I get on the console:

        java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
        at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
        at pcgen.core.PObject.access$1100(PObject.java:62)
        at
        pcgen.core.PObject$PreReqTestsToUse.passesTests(PObject.java:3572)
        at
        pcgen.core.PObject$PreReqTestsToGain.passesTests(PObject.java:3349)
        at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqForList(PObject.java:4007)
        at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGainForList(PObject.java:3827)
        at pcgen.core.Feat.passesPreReqToGainForList(Feat.java:185)
        at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGainForList(PObject.java:3249)
        at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPreReqToGain(PObject.java:3182)
        at pcgen.gui.utils.PObjectNode.toString(PObjectNode.java:249)
        at javax.swing.JTree.convertValueToText(Unknown Source)
        at
        javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeCellRenderer.getTreeCellRendererComponent(Unknown
        Source)
        at
        javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$NodeDimensionsHandler.getNodeDimensions(Unknown
        Source)
        at
        javax.swing.tree.AbstractLayoutCache.getNodeDimensions(Unknown Source)
        at
        javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.updatePreferredSize(Unknown
        Source)
        at
        javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown
        Source)
        at
        javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown
        Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.rebuild(Unknown
        Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.setModel(Unknown
        Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.setModel(Unknown Source)
        at
        javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$PropertyChangeHandler.propertyChange(Unknown
        Source)
        at
        javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
        Source)
        at
        javax.swing.event.SwingPropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown
        Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JTree.setModel(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JTree.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
        pcgen.gui.utils.JTreeTable$TreeTableCellRenderer.<init>(JTreeTable.java:501)
        at pcgen.gui.utils.JTreeTable.<init>(JTreeTable.java:97)
        at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.createTreeTables(InfoFeats.java:798)
        at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.initComponents(InfoFeats.java:481)
        at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.<init>(InfoFeats.java:405)
        at pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo.<init>(CharacterInfo.java:69)
        at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:753)
        at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1108)
        at
        pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1095)
        at
        pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
        at
        javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
        Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
        Source)
        at
        javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
        Source)
        at
        pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2677)
        at
        java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
        Source)

        Jayme Cox wrote:
        > Kevin Colagio wrote:
        >
        >>--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy wrote:
        >>

        >>>I just noticed that even if I load a source it does not
        >>>actually load.
        >>
        >>Sounds like the problem I have with 5.3.2 ....
        >>
        >>Kevin Colagio
        >

        > You might try deleting your options.ini file and see if that fixes the
        > problem....

        Steven Gilroy
        PCGen OS Lemur
      • Steven Gilroy
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
          Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing character
          no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new character
          the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I just
          tried to open....strange things going on here...

          Steven Gilroy
          PCGen OS Lemur
        • Jayme Cox
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 2, 2003
            Steven Gilroy wrote:
            > I had already tried deleting the options.ini and all other .ini files
            > for that matter...
            >
            > I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308030314

            Please try with autobuild timestamped 200308030514 or later (Sun Aug 3
            05:14:00 2003 GMT or later)
          • taluroniscandar
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gilroy <sgilroy2@w...> wrote:
              > Interesting side note to this, if I try opening up an existing
              character
              > no character tab shows up...but then if I try to create a new
              character
              > the New character tab comes up with the info for the character I
              just
              > tried to open....strange things going on here...

              I've seen this behavior often in the past in different versions. In
              my experience this is almost always a lst file problem. Always had a
              Space somewhere in a lst file. When I found the space and replaced
              with a tab it went away.
            • Steven Gilroy
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
                My LST files have not changed and this problem just started with version
                5.3.2. When I go back to 5.3.1 everything is fine. This leads me to
                believe that it is not a LST file problem.

                Jayme, I just tried with autobuild timestamped 200308031514 and the tab
                still does not show when I load a character.

                I still get:

[...]
                at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.addPCTab(PCGen_Frame1.java:762)
                at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.loadPCFromFile(PCGen_Frame1.java:1117)
                at
                pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.openItem_actionPerformed(PCGen_Frame1.java:1104)
                at
                pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$2.actionPerformed(FrameActionListener.java:71)
                at
                javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
                Source)
                at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
                Source)
                at
                javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
                at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
                Source)
                at
                pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2686)

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 3, 2003
                  Steven Gilroy wrote:
                  > I still get:
                  >
                  > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                  > at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                  > at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)

                  Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                  latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                  the problem.
                • Steven Gilroy
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 4, 2003
                    Jayme,
                    That fixed it, the characters open like they are supposed to now. I
                    do get "Badly formed PRESTAT token: 1,Q" 3 times now when I open the
                    first character, but everything works normally.

                    Keep up the good work!

                    Jayme Cox wrote:
                    > Steven Gilroy wrote:
                    >
                    >>I still get:
                    >>
                    >>java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 3
                    >> at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
                    >> at pcgen.core.PObject.passesPrereqStat(PObject.java:6860)
                    >

                    > Looks like you have an error in one of your PRESTAT: tokens. Try the
                    > latest autobuild an hour from now and it should output the token with
                    > the problem.

                    Steven Gilroy
                    PCGen OS Lemur